Ask
    smithy20 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 04:47 AM
    Red hair
    How do u get red hair from black hair?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 04:53 AM

You could start by getting a few highlights to lighten the black,and as the black colour grows out,gradually add a more lighter colour..

Aug 26, 2009, 04:56 AM

What colour highlights I need it done by satursday though so how do I do it quick time

Aug 26, 2009, 04:58 AM

Will the hairdresses able to help turn my hair into red hair from black hair

Aug 26, 2009, 05:11 AM

I am gong to get a red hair dye now I put in on my hair and do it AGAIN FRIDAY WUD THAT DO IT
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 26, 2009, 10:15 PM
    If
    Your hair truly is black that doesn't leave room for a red pigment to show through! However if your hair is let's say a level 3 and above your stylist will be able to add red tone to your remaining color! This should be a one step process and very simple if your idea of red is more burgandy and deep red! However if your looking for an extreme intense red and your hair below a level 5 this will be hard to achieve! I suggest going to an aveda concept salon for a color consultation! Aveda color line is not the best however they do allow your stylist to add intense pigment to your hair and offer a great line of intensive reds!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk [ 7 Answers ]

I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Best hair product to tame unruly damaged wavy hair- thick [ 1 Answers ]

What products can I use when str8ning that help repair?

Black hair to lighter hair.this is a long story, take heed first time dyers! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I'm not a professional hair colourist, but I am a long standing veteran of home hair colour - I've had my hair all colours, all lengths, all styles and at the moment it's jet black. I've broken all the cardinal rules of hair colouring, and I can safely say that it's too much of a...

View more questions Search