Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimisalo123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 05:30 PM
    Tenant rights during short sale
    Hi. I live in a condo in Miami, FL. I have a one year lease with 8mths outstanding. The bank would not renew my landlord's mortgage and are threatening foreclosure. He's opting for a short sale and has told me that I can break my lease with 2mths notice or stay and ride out the short sale process. What are my rights if I stay? If the condo is sold, is my lease still valid? Will I get my security deposits back? How much time do I have before eviction after a short sale purchase? Thanks.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2009, 05:32 PM

Yes, if your condo is sold via short sale, your lease is still valid.

You cannot be evicted after the short sale unless you violate the lease. They do not have to renew your lease after 8 months though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant -- short sale of property [ 7 Answers ]

We have been tenants for a year and half and found out that the property is in foreclosure and the landlord has negotiated with the bank for a short sale. We have a 2 year lease. Does our lease stand with the new buyers? Or do we have to vacate? If so, is the California law a 30 or a 60 day...

Tenant residing in AZ with New owners from a Short Sale [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been living in a Condo in AZ for 2 yrs and our lease ended at the same time the New owners took over on a short sale. We were negotiating our Terms in order to stay, but we don't agree on them. Do we have 30 days to move without being in any agreement with the new owners?

Renters rights in a short sale [ 1 Answers ]

The home I'm renting is in short sale and my land lord has faild to let me know that as a renter what do I do from here on out I'ved had four different realestate agents see the house with a very short notice sometimes they would call that same day

Short sale & tenant laws [ 2 Answers ]

Does a non-paying tenant have any rights when the owner is doing a short sale? What rights does a tenent have while owner is doing a short sale? If you are a owner and you are doing a short sale, can they still forclose on you?

Short Sale rights for heirs [ 3 Answers ]

One two

View more questions Search