Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pandabear3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Do I have to wait until the die is completely put of my hair to go back blonde?
    So about ten months ago I died my hair (from blonde) a light brown. Then I died it again to a more dark brown. It then eventually fadded to almost a dirty blonde fast. I tried to die my hair back blonde, it turned out to be ORANGE! So I died it an auburn color. I died it about two months ago. So do I have to wait until the die is completely out of my hair? How long will it take for the color to get out of my hair?
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 25, 2009, 10:24 PM

Well my dear here's the scenario! Your hair turned orange because it was lifting through the color you had previously put on it! Even though it may have faded it was still there! Once hair color is applied it remains in your hair until its eventually cut off!and more than likely the bleach that you used was not mixed w a strong enough developer to lift through that underlying pigment Wich in return left you w orange! As far as you going back to blonde? You should be fine because when you applied the burgandy color you were simply depositing pigment Wich does no damage to your hair!so your hairs probably in better shape than you think. However this going back2blonde is a process that I would not recommend doing on your own! Go to a salon dear! The misconception about a stylist as myself is that we simply go to a color room and grab a box and slap it on your head! This is so untrue! A lot of knowledge is required for coloring hair. Especially when your wanting to be a blonde! Color does not lift coloR! Only bleach removes color! Once that is done several color formulas are used on different parts of your hair as toners to counteract the gross yellow orange and other underlying pigments that may show up throughout the lifting process! So long story short? In order to insure you will not damage your hair? I'm begging you2go2salon! Like I said earlier though the burgandy was not damaging therefore it is perfectly fine to go back2blonde!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tone down peroxide blonde hair back to natral ash blonde! [ 2 Answers ]

I have really short dyed peroxide blonde hair as a result of dying my hair from natural ash blonde to brown and hated it! So I decided to dye it to the peroxide blonde as I was told that would get totally rid of the brown (big mistake). My hair feels dead as a result of this! I have drayed a...

Fade blonde highlights back to natural dirty blonde or grow hair faster! [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: PLEASE HELP! :confused: I want to fade my blonde highlights faster, I've been growing out my hair for a month or so and i'm sick of the bright blonde! I want the dirty blonde back! I don't know if there is any advice to speed up growing it out or to fade the blonde! thanks so much!! :)

Hair Colour Blonde to Red, need to fix back to blonde [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, I am living in China, had my hair dyed red. (I am a natural red head but have been blonde for 10 years). The dye started to wash out, so I went back to the hairdresser and showed them and had it redone. All is fine except the colour is more of a pinky red rather than an auburn/copper...

Natural Blonde hair dyed BLACK.want blonde back [ 22 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and it looks horrible. I have natural blonde hair and I really want it back... can I just buy a box of the same colour as my natural hair and dye it back? Any suggestions?:confused:

View more questions Search