Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oni400 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 03:06 PM
    I Need A Scholarship To Yale Or Jhu
    I really need help. I have a b+ average as a High school Senior. What are my chances in getting scholarships or even getting acceptance to Ivy league schools??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2006, 04:58 PM
    I would say not a real great chance, but that is just my opinoin
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2006, 03:05 PM
    I agree - a B+ average is not enough to get into Ivy League like Yale - at least on a scholarship. When you go to a preppy school like that, they have the pick of the litter, so to speak. Which does not mean you cannot apply - just broaden your choices and good luck.
    samir_raut88 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Dec 15, 2006, 10:53 AM
    I guess this a little late to answer but I say: if you want to go to Yale or JHU, don't ask people if B+ can get you there. Because that stat is simply not enough.

What you should ask yrself is: Are you confident enough to present yrself in a way other than school work? What else have you accomplished? I wouldn't be surprised if they take you but you need to know if you have that in you. People are born with brains to be there (kind of). Either they show by academics or by something else sth exceptional. Do you have it ?

More importantly, why do you want to go to yale? Because 'all of them want go' ? Do you know what you want from a college? That's an important question to ask yrself before you find out if you can get there. There are trivial matters at first but will help you make a better decision.
    zhou yue jie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Comment on samir_raut88's post
    You are right

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want a scholarship [ 4 Answers ]

First, I need to get into college. I applied to UMD and PENNState. I have a 3.55 GPA and I am in the top 10% in my grade. In SAT I got a 710(math), 640(crt. Reading) and (680 in writing). What are my chances to get a scholarship. Or do you think I can go to JOhn Hopkins or YAle:(

Scholarship [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm a portuguese student and I'm finishing my law course. I want to do a master of law in europe but I can't find scholarships to portuguese students. Do you know where can I found information about that? Thanks

View more questions Search