Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mandabug94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 09:19 AM
    Belly button piercings
    OK I just pierced my belly button myself.
    I need to know hown long it takes for it to heal yes I think its infected.
    But how do I get it to heal?. I mean it looks like it is its just red and sore.
    Any advice what I should use.
    Ive been using antibacterial Soap since yesterday.
    number9forlife1 Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 10:32 AM

I had a friend that did this behind her mom's back, and it didn't end well since it got infected and she had to end up telling her mom... my advice... take it out, wait till it heals then talk to you're mom or dad about getting it done, since you already did it yourself tell them! And if you don't want to tell them, I don't know how well the soap will do, but you could always try peroxide, that will get ride of the infection.
    Tinkerbell2004 Posts: 49, Reputation: 17

Oct 3, 2009, 02:59 AM

I agree with the post above, doing piercings yourself rarely end well. But if you really don't want to tell your parents, I highly recommend using the antibacterial soap (dial is the best) very often, multiple times a day.

Also I have my naval pierced (professionally though), && I was told to use the salt water spray, H2Ocean. It will help the piercing heal faster && should also help with the infection. A naval piercings usually takes anywhere from 6-9 months to heal, && if you intend on keeping it you shouldn't remove the rod that's already in there until it does fully heal.

If you are to start getting a puss bubble, that's normal. Mine ended up getting that, && I asked the piercer about it, he told me that didn't mean it was infected, it just happens && he advised me to just pop it, && try to get all the puss out.

Be very careful though, if you pierced only a small amount of skin, wearing heavy dangly jewellery can make your skin eventually stretch && break.

Next time I highly recommend you get piercings done by a professional, but good luck && I hope you can make the infection go away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Button Piercings [ 17 Answers ]

Hi I'm 14 n I was wondering if anyone out there has any tips or a step process for a self piercing your belly button?

Scleroderms + belly button piercings [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a teenager and I have scleroderma. I want to get my belly button pierced and my mom said I could if my doc. Said it was okay. I wanted to talk to other people before I talked to him.. so can you get your belly button pierced if you have scleroderma?-thanx them

Infected belly button piercings [ 4 Answers ]

So I got my belly button pierced about a week ago and I think itīs possible that it might be infected because its all red between the two ends and it hurts mildly mostl when I aplly pressure to it. Also there's some dry-ish kind of scabby stuff around the wholes that looks a little greenish yellow...

Belly Button Piercings [ 4 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced on Friday. It has been really red and oozing a lot of puss, which I am told is normal. But today, it seems to be leaking a clear sitcky liquid, It looks like balls on the barbell are sinking into my stomach and actually creating a bigger hole. Should I take it out or...

Belly Button Piercings [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I'm 15 and I've wanted my belly button pierced since I was like 12. But mom said no that I was still growing at 12 and she said they probably wouldn't pierce at 12 anyway. I have a pretty good tolerance for pain and I have done quite the reaserch for the pro's and con's of the piercing. I have...

View more questions Search