Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexbabe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 02:27 PM
    18 and losing my hair
    Hi, I'm eighteen years old and I'm really losing my hair :(. I was just wondering if it could be something else other than the usual cause since I'm young? Please help
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Aug 22, 2009, 02:52 PM
    Go see your doctor and he can tell you if there is a serious medical problem causing your hair loss. Unfortunately, hair loss is genetic and it is possible for some men to start before they are 20. Check your family history to see if it runs in your family. You can look into medications like Rogaine and Propecia to help stop baldness. I believe Rogaine is now available without a prescription.
    syedeen25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 11:55 AM

I am losing my hair past two month. I usually used to apply oli after bath. I am 25 yrs old
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 12:02 PM
    What do you regard as the "usual" cause? Genetics? If that's the case, it's not at all unusual to start losing it at your age.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2009, 12:31 PM

While genetics are very possible, it could also be from stress. I had a friend who would start losing hair like crazy when she got really stressed. Finals week was always especially bad. It would get to the point were she would have to start using rogaine. I'm not suggesting you go straight for the rogaine though. Talk to your dr.
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 26, 2009, 10:59 PM

Genetics hormones stress medications can all lead to hair loss! In fact even season changes can lead to a bit of hair loss! In spring and summer humans naturally lose more hair! Its almost like we shed!lol! I wouldn't be too alarmed though. Your young and your bodies changing give it a few months and see what happens! If you want to take action to prevent this I highly recommend aveda scalp benefits shampoo and conditioner! A healthy scalp leads to strong shiny durable healthy hair! I would also ask yourself to observe if your hair is falling out directly at your scalp or if its just breaking withen the hair shaft! Like I said don't worry just yet! Give it some time your body could just be going through a lot of changes at the time!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is losing a lot of hair [ 6 Answers ]

Over the past couple of days my cat who is almost 2 is losing her hair. It's mostly on her head and a spot near her tail. It doesn't seem to hurt her to touch it but she seems to be grooming a lot. She hasn't changed her behavior.She isn't acting sick either. She did this once before when I...

I am 21.and Losing my hair?/ [ 4 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and my hair is coming out horribly, every single time that I run my hands through it six to seven strands are coming out. I stopped blow drying it... I stopped straightening it and I only wash it every three days. Its hurts to pull up in a ponytail, and I constantly feel like I am...

I'm 20 and losing my hair HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm only 20 and I'm losing my hair. I really don't know what to do can someone please help me?? :confused:

Losing hair [ 4 Answers ]

Everyday when I comb or wash my hair I see that I lose a lot of hair, more than normal (I think). My hair used to be very thick and now I have less hair. I have been growing it out for years now and it has also gotten very dry and a little brittle and I have a lot of split ends. What can I do? I...

Dog losing his hair [ 19 Answers ]

Hello All, I have a 17 month old lab - american bulldog mix. He's a good dog - for the most part. He has a white and yellow coat. His skin is spotted. He has black or dark spots on his skin. About two weeks ago I noticed that some of his fur is starting to thin. It kind of looks as if he...

View more questions Search