Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    always_n_4ever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 07:33 PM
    How do I ?
    How can I loose 20 pounds easily without exercising a lot... I have a buisy schedule and not much time for the gym. I just want a quick and easy fix! :p
    LSS60 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 08:38 PM
    I wish I could say this would be easy-trust me I know-have lost over 100 lbs! Those last 20 or so are so hard. In your job is there any walking involved? I know that has helped me a lot. I wish you luck-you can do it!!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2006, 10:45 PM
    I wish there was a quick easy fix... Problem is, none exist when ones weight is... well... "over".
    Good news is, there is a fix. Bad news is, it won't happen overnight and can be a challenge if little effort is given.
    I shed a few pounds every now and then by doing this - it's not hard to follow, but it's strict... And it works...
    I happen to have the opposite effect when losing weight than mentioned above. I tend to find it more difficult to begin the weight loss, however once it starts going down it doesn't stop until I've reached my desired weight.
    Give yourself 2 or 3 weeks before you check your weight. It's disappointing and discouraging to look at the scale and see that you've only lost 1 lb in spite of all your hard work.

Breakfast: 1 bowl of "adult" cereal with fat free milk in a.m. (very important because it starts your metabolism for the day) If you're still hungry, have another bowl... (better to eat more earlier in the day than later)

Snack: fat free or 98% fat free yogurt, drink a glass of water

Lunch: Any style, flavor, or brand of soup. (I like all the Campbell's chunky varieties) add a salad if you'd like with fat free dressing, drink water

Snack: either fruit or veggies / if you have a sweet tooth (like I do) and find yourself getting a "candy craving" there are a lot of "kid" cereals named after candy bars these days - it takes the edge off, drink water

Dinner: no later than 6:00 p.m. breakfast all over again... drink water
    If you become hungry any time between dinner and breakfast you can eat fiber or bran cereal with fat free milk and/or drink lots of water...

This is a strict, simple, effective, short term diet that I made up myself. It probably wouldn't be recommended by a dietitian, but it works for me when I need to lose a few.

For faster results and a better tone after weight loss, you'll need to exercises.
    A 15 to 30 min walk is good, but if you are to busy, work exercises into everything you do...
    Do leg crunches while brushing your teeth, washing your hair, etc.
    Take the stairs instead of the elevator,
    Instead of driving around a parking lot in search of a close spot, park farther away from the entrance and walk fast (I happen to find this to be the most quick and easiest way to get in and out of a store, plus it does a body good)

I do wish you the best of luck at losing weight.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2006, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by always_n_4ever
    How can i loose 20 pounds easily without exercising a lot... i have a buisy schedule and not much time for the gym. i just want a quick and easy fix! :p
    There are many ways to lose 20 lbs fast, unfortunately, none of them lack exercise. If you lose the 20 lbs in one month, odds are your'll be gaining back weight, quickly... 2:1. Realize that your body #1 , needs good nutrition, that means, fruits, veggies and lean meats, no fast food, no prepkg. Lunches, no white bread, little to no butters, fats, fried food.no sweets, especially the 1st month! Minor physical exercise is necessary, even if it's as little as arm swings, side bends, sit ups, invest 15 minutes, right after you brush your teeth, or come from the bath/shower! You'll never miss the time. Drink lots of water, especially before meals, it fills you up. You can cheat, but don't over do it, use low fat milk and cheeses, No real ice cream get the low fat. NO CHIPS, unless you can handle the minimun serving allowance to the pkg. generally about 8 chips, trust me it's hard to EAT JUST!one, or eight!! Keep to full grains, hot cereals, wheat bread, flour, rices, and eat salads you can dress them up with flavored vingerette, and, store bought low fat dressings, add chicken, fish, they are really great! Most of all don't weigh yourself regularlly, let some time past for your body to adjust, then weight, no sooner then 2 weeks into it, and exercise! At least 4X a week for 15 minutes. Try it, believe it and know that you can do it...
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2006, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    I wish there was a quick easy fix...Problem is, none exist when ones weight is...well..."over".
    Good news is, there is a fix. Bad news is, it wont happen overnight and can be a challenge if little effort is given.
    I shed a few pounds every now and then by doing this - it's not hard to follow, but it's strict...And it works...
    I happen to have the opposite effect when losing weight than mentioned above. I tend to find it more difficult to begin the weight loss, however once it starts going down it doesn't stop until I've reached my desired weight.
    Give yourself 2 or 3 weeks before you check your weight. It's disappointing and discouraging to look at the scale and see that you've only lost 1 lb in spite of all your hard work.

Breakfast: 1 bowl of "adult" cereal with fat free milk in a.m. (very important because it starts your metabolism for the day) If you're still hungry, have another bowl...(better to eat more earlier in the day than later)

snack: fat free or 98% fat free yogurt, drink a glass of water

lunch: Any style, flavor, or brand of soup. (I like all the Campbell's chunky varieties) add a salad if you'd like with fat free dressing, drink water

snack: either fruit or veggies / if you have a sweet tooth (like I do) and find yourself getting a "candy craving" there are a lot of "kid" cereals named after candy bars these days - it takes the edge off, drink water

Dinner: no later than 6:00 p.m., breakfast all over again...drink water
    If you become hungry any time between dinner and breakfast you can eat fiber or bran cereal with fat free milk and/or drink lots of water...

This is a strict, simple, effective, short term diet that I made up myself. It probably wouldn't be recommended by a dietitian, but it works for me when I need to lose a few.

For faster results and a better tone after weight loss, you'll need to exercises.
    A 15 to 30 min walk is good, but if you are to busy, work exercises into everything you do...
    do leg crunches while brushing your teeth, washing your hair, etc.
    take the stairs instead of the elevator,
    Instead of driving around a parking lot in search of a close spot, park farther away from the entrance and walk fast (I happen to find this to be the quickest and easiest way to get in and out of a store, plus it does a body good)

I do wish you the best of luck at losing weight.
    Check out sodium levels of soup before you go there, you should be well into your diet before you do soups. Yogarts, too, careful about sugar content, sucrose, fruitose, are all considered sugar, check out actual ingredients, use plain yougurts and add reall fruit, not cocktails to it. WATCH OUT for any snack, that's named after a kids cereal,t's usually too high in sugar. Instead snack on dehydrated fruits, or real fruits. Once you get yourself use to lower calorie intake, you won't feel as hungry, Give yourself normal servings, at each meal and deal with that, it doesn't take long for your stomach to shrink and be more accepting of lesser quantities. Never eat at buffets, or eat beef that doesn't include "loin" in the title. Leave processed meats alone, hot dogs, bacon, lunck meat, take all fat off chicken and turkey, use olive oil, and try peanut oil,sesame oil, lower in bad cholestrol!! Learn how to read nutritional labels, and adhere to servings per container!!
    amour_amour363 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2006, 07:38 AM
    If you want a quick, easy fix, I suggest that you go on a negative calorie diet and then for one meal have some tuna or protein. Im not sure how long lasting that would be however.
    jessieshuai Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    -

Feb 14, 2007, 10:31 PM
    I can help you lose weight successfully.
    Here's an easy and effective way.
    Oh! My Herbalife: Success stories: My weight loss led to so many other healthful benefits

If you'd like to give it a try, email me.
    Please answer the following questions:
    1. Do you really want to lose weight?
    2. How much weight do you want to lose? Your age, height & weight?
    3. Have you ever tried to lose weight?how?
    4. Why didn't it work?
    5. Why do you want to lose weight now?

Email me at [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search