Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snotbubble Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Aug 19, 2009, 02:31 PM
    What will my guests do at the reception
    What do you do all night at a reception? Other than dance.
    I don't really like dancing at all unless I'm trying to make someone laugh. We're talking about taking ballroom dancing classes. I don't really think I'll be dancing all night though and I don't really think either of our families are the type to get up and dance either. My grandpa and dad's band will be playing music and my grandpa is going to paint faces for all of the kids. I was thinking about having a pinyata also.

Does anyone have any other ideas for fun activities that can be done in formal atire?
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Aug 19, 2009, 02:38 PM

Generally people eat and then they mingle and dance if they wish. I think that you will be so busy communicating with your guests that you don't have to worry about what people will do. IF you have family members getting together that haven't seen each other in awhile visiting and catching up takes place.
    To have face painting and pinyata, can I ask what your venue will be like? Is this an outside wedding or an inside wedding? Does the hall have anything outside of interest?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 02:38 PM

It is your wedding, so play it by ear. I don't doubt for one minute that the people you think won't get up and dance, will get up and dance to the music. It is not your place to plan acitivity at your own wedding, my dear. Give that job to your maid of honour or the best man. Leave it spontaneous and just enjoy yourself until you have to leave with your wonderful new husband.

All the best in your new life. And to be quite frank, I really don't like your screen name, snotbubble.

Tick

Aug 19, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat View Post
    Generally people eat and then they mingle and dance if they wish. I think that you will be so busy communicating with your guests that you don't have to worry about what people will do. IF you have family members getting together that haven't seen each other in awhile visiting and catching up takes place.
    to have face painting and pinyata, can I ask what your venue will be like? is this an outside wedding or an inside wedding? Does the hall have anything outside of interest?
    It's going to be outdoors in my aunt's garden. It's kind of small though so we're trying to find a wooded area to have it but it has to be really cheap because we're using student loans to pay for everything. I only have one family member flying in and the rest of my family on both sides all live in Indianapolis and we all see each other often. Same with his family, just a few flying in. I just don't see hardly any of them dancing but maybe it'll happen. I've been to many weddings as a child but I can't remember... how often do receptions usually last?

Also, do you think 7 and 9 year old girls are too old to be flower girls?

Aug 19, 2009, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    It is your wedding, so play it by ear. I dont doubt for one minute that the people you think wont get up and dance, will get up and dance to the music. It is not your place to plan acitivity at your own wedding, my dear. Give that job to your maid of honour or the best man. Leave it spontaneous and just enjoy yourself until you have to leave with your wonderful new husband.

All the best in your new life. And to be quite frank, I really dont like your screen name, snotbubble.

tick
    I hope they do dance. It'll defiantly be a funny sight but it'll be fun.

I came up with my screen name back in Jr. high and always thought it was funny. My mother thinks it's disgusting also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dinner Party Etiquette - guests inviting more guests! [ 24 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having a small dinner party with family members. A month ago I sent out an email invitation to the all the family living near by, total of 12 guests. Now, 3 days before the party one of the family members has invited 6 more people to my party, 4 are family from out of town, 2 are dates. ...

Ribbon guests [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of including an enclosure in the invitation that says Ribbon Guests for family to give the ushers when entering the church.

View more questions Search