Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lovelee Posts: 150, Reputation: 5

Aug 17, 2009, 12:50 PM
    Need Money for Business Trip
    I just started working at my new job last week and they are sending me away for training tomorrow. Hotel Reservations have been made but I didn't get any money for cabs and dining. This is supposed to be an all expense paid business trip and I don't know how to ask my boss for the money being a new employee and all.
    redbone10 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 01:01 PM

Hi, and congrats on the new job. The way business expenses usually work is that when you return you submit your receipts so you can be reimbursed. Since you're new maybe you could ask your boss for a loan until you return with receipts and then pay him back with your reimbursement. Good luck.
    Lovelee Posts: 150, Reputation: 5

Aug 18, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Thanks Redbone,
    Luckily at the end of the day my boss asked me if I'm all set... so I said everything except the money. He didn't have money on him at the time so he just asked his wife for a loan. (she works for him). Whatever money I used out of pocket he will reimburst me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Raising money for a trip? [ 1 Answers ]

Our school is going on a trip to Washington D.C. this January to watch the inauguration and tour D.C. It's a pretty expensive trip, and one of my friends has only paid half of the trip. They were supposed to get business sponsorships but they all bailed! Is there a way to raise about 1000 bucks...

Treat F1 OPT as a business trip [ 12 Answers ]

I started working on OPT in July after graduating from college in May. I remained in F1 OPT status during 2006. My OPT expires in March 07, at which time I will return to my home country or to another country. Under these circumstances, can I treat my OPT employment as an 'extended business...

Resident or Non-Resident Alien for L-1 with Business Trip [ 1 Answers ]

I arrived in US on May 5, 2006 on L-1 visa with my wife (L-2). My payroll with the company started in June 2006, because there was a bumpy transition from payroll in my country of origin to US office payroll. I stayed in the US until September 23, 2006 where I was sent on a business trip to my...

OPT "business trip" deduction [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a student working under F-1 OPT and expecting an H-1 soon. I heard that while working under OPT, I am allowed to treat it as an "extended business trip", meaning that the housing/food/transportation expenses during this period are not taxable. Is this true? If so, where is the...

How to take money on trip [ 3 Answers ]

My son is going to Italy and Greece on a school trip very soon. We have gotten conflicting advice as to how best to exchange his money. First what is the best way to secure it. Traveler's Checks, debit card or any other way. Also does the exchange rate differ enough that he should wait until he...

View more questions Search