Ask
    Patrick Peruzzi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 06:29 AM
    Is it good to put plastic behind shower wall or will it make back mold
    I put plastic behind a shower wall will it trap water and make black mold
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 10:12 AM

More likely will prevent mold. You place a vapor/moisture barrier up before the wonderboard. Wonderboard, cement board, Hardiebacker, etc... will not deteriorate from moisture but they can allow moisture to go through them so you need that barrier. I recently referred to the as water proof but Bljack reminded me that "proof" is not the true or correct term.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mold behind wall in Shower.. [ 3 Answers ]

We bought a upper townhouse 2 years ago. The onsuite has a shower. It is tiled on the floor and walls, with a glass door that opens up. There is also a 6 inch step to get into it. When we bought it looked liked clean and there was relatively fresh cauking all around the shower. We have always...

Water penetration through grout between shower wall tiles, possible mold [ 4 Answers ]

I recently tiled a shower over bath and have an issue with moisture creeping through the grout and creating a dark section (water absorption) on the durock wall board behind the see through glass wall tiles. I have since sealed the grout several times and am now concerned that the moisture will...

Mold on wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old house and have been hanging my shower towel on a hook that is against a wall since I've lived in the house. Now, it seems there is a small amount of mold on the wall where the towel has been hanging. Right now it's just a dark discoloring. My question is, is this most likely...

Fixing a hole in the plastic shower stall wall [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi I've got a hole in a shower stall wall that appears to have come from nowhere, other than the normal washing and maintenance of the wall with a wash cloth. Need to know what kind of filler and sealant to put in the hole to make sure that the hole is filled with a...

Two parts: moving toilet over 4" and connecting to 4" black plastic to make shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi friends, I have a concrete slab foundation. In one full bath, I'm changing out the tub to put in a sauna tub, going from 60x30 to 60x32. The toilet is right next to the tub, so I want to move the toilet over at least 4" and change the sink to a pedastal sink to make room for the move for...

View more questions Search