Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 10:50 PM
    Windows vista log on
    Hello. My friend went on vacation (and of course didn't leave me her NUMBER) and let me borrow her laptop while she was away. Its got a log on password on it :( (not a START UP password that you set up through the bio system when you first turn the computer on) she Didn't tel me the password, and I don't have a number to contact her :( I've tried emailing her but aparently email isn't on the top of her list (of course! She is on vacation LOL)

So is there a way to bipass the log on? Like a 'skeleton key' password or some way to just close the log on and go to windows? I know you can do it on windows 98, but that's the only Operating system I know how to do it on
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 09:03 PM

Mmm I take it there IS NO way :P hehe
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 09:53 PM

Sorry, not legally
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 07:32 AM

K thanks hon. Guess ill have to wait for her to get home and say 'you dork' hehe. :P
    moyenda Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Nov 6, 2009, 08:00 AM

So what's the username then, because I figure if its anything than... you might just be able to access the machine maybe not her stuff ! Is it XP or vista ?
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 8, 2009, 12:07 PM

There is a few ways but they all require applications to crack the Users.

Try Starting in Safe Mode. The Administrator account should be accessible then.
    Logon with Admin and change any users password. Chances are good that the Admin account is disabled.

Anyway, no legal way I think.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 8, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Just to point out that Vista, by default, disables the in-built Admin account to stop access in this manner.

Also, Grant, please pay attention to the OP's dates.
    This issue has since been resolved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email sending prob. In windows vista using windows mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem in sending emails in windows mail in vista. Up to yesterday, it was working fine. I have deleted and created the account again. Email address,pwd, pop n smtp etc everything is correct but email are not going. There is genuine windows vista with Mecafee. No problem with incoming...

Can a windows xp virus effect windows vista? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My pendrive was infected by a virus called "jambanmu" which is either a malaysian or Indonesian virus. If I put my pendrive into a windows xp computer the virus will stop the computer from using few stuff. As for my pendrive the virus doesn't allow me to reformat it. If I use a windows vista...

Windows xp or vista [ 8 Answers ]

I will need new desktop within 6 months. Need advice whether to go with xp or wait for vista.

View more questions Search