Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chryste7 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 05:26 PM
    No picture/sound from SONY TRINTON T.V.
    I have owned a 27"SONY TV model #KV-27S42 since 1999 purchased new. Today I was unable to turn on this TV. There is no picture or sound. The screen is blank. There is however a small blinking red light that blinks 4 times, then pauses then blinks again 4 times and so on so I know that power to the TV is working. I unplugged the TV from my cable box and hooked it up directly to the wall outlet thinking that maybe my problem lies with my cable supplier. Apparently my TV is at fault.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem or must I have it serviced by a professional? Or is it time to say bye-bye and purchase a new TV.

Thanks for your advice. JIM
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Aug 16, 2009, 01:57 AM

Try keeping it unplugged for a few hours to "force" the TV to reset itself. Sounds like the standby/sleep timer light is what is blinking.
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Aug 16, 2009, 07:49 AM

You will need a professional, 4 blinks means you've got no vertical deflection, you can check if that's right by trying the TV with a video signal, you should see the picture in a thin horizontal bar. (thats if the tube even turns on)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No picture/sound from SONY TRINTON T.V. [ 0 Answers ]

I have owned a 27"SONY TV model #KV-27S42 since 1999 purchased new. Today I was unable to turn on this TV. There is no picture or sound. The screen is blank. There is however a small blinking red light that blinks 4 times, then pauses then blinks again 4 times and so on so I know that power to the...

1990 SONY TV picture adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

I have a SONY model KV-32XBR70 (made in 1990) big screen console (too heavy to lift). It works fine, except, at the top of the screen, and to a lesser extent the bottom, the picture is stretched out laterally on both left and right sides, such that any information (for example, as might be...

What is wrong with my sony,trinitron TV, (hd) no picture only sound [ 1 Answers ]

My television picture went out but sound returned. This has happened three times. This last time it has not returned. It is a sony trinitron. The picture tube or color dos not seem to be going during these times.

My sony TV loses picture after a minute [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Sony Trinitron TV that we purchased 10 years ago. The T.V. now has no picture but does have sound. When you first turn on the T.V. it will show a good picture for 2 minutes, then it starts getting lines as though poor reception and within another minute, the picture starts disappearing;...

View more questions Search