Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandy83
    It still hurts to think about but this new knowledge has really shed some light on the sort of person I was with.
    We are sometimes blinded and in denial of what really stares us in the face..

Love is blind> Sometimes.

I think you are right when you say that things happen for a reason, I hear many people say this who have gone through similar things as me and yourself and many, many others here and they quite often say the same thing. I am inclined to agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandy83
    I am now ten time the woman I was previously.
    Good for you Kandy83 and it shows that sometimes, these things happen for a reason and actually improve us as a person.
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Jan 9, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Isn't is amazing how we see through rose colored glasses ;) I'm glad this experience has made you a wiser person!

Over the past several months, I wish I knew then, what I know now, so to speak.:rolleyes:

Goodluck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Just because your single is no reason not to have fun. Do you need a relationship to go on a date? I sure hope not.
    onlineguy Posts: 110, Reputation: 10

Jan 9, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane
    Love is blind> Sometimes.
    And Deaf And Stupid!!
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Its good that you have seen what a scumbag this guy! Aren't you now glad you got away from this jerk before you invested more in him.

There are plenty more guys out there. Just date and have some fun. Nothing serious for a while. Time to think about you for a while and do what you want to do!
    Kandy83 Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jan 9, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Thank you guys.

Yes some time on my own to figure out who I am is actually what I really needed. It feels amazing to realise that I am strong enough to be myself - by myself.
    Sure dating is a possibility - but to be honest I have raised my standards considerably and no one around at the moment really makes the grade.

I just wanted everyone here to see that I was in such a bad way when I posted on here last year and now I am so much better. There is hope - I am proof.
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Jan 9, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Well done! You took some time out to grow and now you're all the better for it. I'm happy for you.
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Jan 10, 2007, 01:09 AM
    <<Yes some time on my own to figure out who I am is actually what I really needed. It feels amazing to realise that I am strong enough to be myself - by myself.
    Sure dating is a possibility - but to be honest I have raised my standards considerably and no one around at the moment really makes the grade.
    >>
    Its actually amazing how time really does heal... I feel so much better now also!!
    And time alone is amazing !
    lashon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kandy83
    my ex broke up with me 4 months ago. He now has a new girlfriend. I feel like i have made great strides. I rarely cry anymore, i haven't called him in weeks, i make an effort to go out and have fun on my own and am working towards setting goals for myself and my future.
    A guy friend of mine emailed me yesterday to tell me he met the ex' new girl. He said she was lame, boring and had a superiority complex. He said she totally didnt fit in with his friends the way i had.
    I know he was saying this to make me feel better - but it made me crash into smethng worse.
    I don't know why but it still gets to me, maybe because i still have conflicted strong emotions for him. I know he no longer cares for me at all. I was in a car crash a few weeks ago, i msg'd him to tell him how scary it was - he didnt even reply.
    Everyone says i shouldn't care - just be happy that its not me stuck with him anymore. I wish i could feel this.
    Is there something wrong with me for still feeling conflicted after 4 months?
    I also feel responsible for us not getting back together because i lost it totally when he dumped me - i begged, pleaded, cried etc. And now i read that all that does is push someone away.
    Is it my fault?
    Girl no its not your fault what you fell to relize is that you was in love and he left you alone you didn't leave him. But he will relize what he had good but he want have as much fun now with the other girl he's with like he did with you so don't even worry about it because if it was meant to be he'll come back and want you but you got to be strong and let him know he can just pick you up when he want to. Let him know if he really want you prove it to you and but don't give in to quick I went through the same thing but my ex cheated and pushed me off over 3 times and it's the last time so no its not your fault believe me he gone come back
    towhidskynet Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2011, 10:40 AM
    Ask a woman who is going through a long labor " when this will end?". It will end. You just need to go through it.

Here are some practical suggestions that worked for me.

Go on a vacation for at least 1 month. It has to be somewhere far away. It could be visiting some relatives in Switzerland whom you have not met for a long time. You could take your best friend with you if he/she is willing. Better go with "she" because of some obvious reason, a male will never understand your pain ( though I am a male ) . Make sure your transit/travel time is long and exhausting enough to give your whole existence a shake up.

Do it. It works like a magic. Better than magic!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 11:06 AM

Hopefully her heart has mended now,this was four and a half years ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search