Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capgirl49 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Aug 15, 2009, 08:50 AM
    After running CC Cleaner.lost all sound.
    I have a Dell running Win xp high spd intr.. decided to run my Cccleaner... and apparently dumped my mixer.(?).there is no hardware showing for audio.. I have the most recent flash player loaded.. how do I fix this.. how did I do this? Reply asap
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 01:32 PM

There is no hardware showing for audio? I'm assuming you checked under control panel audio, correct?

In which case, you probably deleted the driver for your computer.
    What model Dell are you using? You could redownload the driver, but you would need a model-name or model-number to avoid any further complications.

Visit this page, find your model, then find the sound driver and redownload that.
    http://support.dell.com/support/down...=us&l=en&s=gen

Please post if that works, or if not so we could try other alternatives. :)
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 03:14 PM

As mentioned above, see if reintstalling the driver will fix this

Also you mentioned,
    there is no hardware showing for audio.
    Where did you go to see this? Device mgr?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RCA TV Lost Sound [ 5 Answers ]

A 5-year old RCA 32 inch "traditional" television set has lost sound. All else works just fine. However, when the set is first turned on, sound is heard for about 30 seconds or less, then stops. Letting the unit sit unplugged for (up to) several hours for a "hard reset" does not help. Connecting...

Sound Lost [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my sound and can not get it back... I did a restore... can u help me get it for free I am on fixed income. Thank you Candace Burns

Sound of Running Water [ 1 Answers ]

I have a townhouse and there is sounds of running water coming from both the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms. I have a leaky tub faucet upstairs and there seems to be dripping noises coming from inside the toilet. Its been going on for awhile and there is no evidence of any leaks or water damage...

I lost my sound [ 1 Answers ]

hello I just reformatted my hard drive with windows xp service pack 2 and now I got no sound and I got an ! Mark next to a driver called Vinyl AC'97 codec combo driver it says it cannot start help T_T here's my com info Operating System System Model Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2...

Running water sound [ 2 Answers ]

Even when the cut off valve is turned off to the toilet I still get the sound of running water, but can not see water running.

View more questions Search