Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kandee21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 10:47 AM
    Bleaching gone HORRIBLE.
    I decided to make my already very dark auburn brown dyed hair to a light neutral ash blonde. So I went to Sally's and bought some Wella Willite powder bleach and I already had a 30 vol developer. So I went to home and started to put the bleach on my hair and I started to run out and no one was home to get me anymore so I left it on for about 15-20 minutes and this is what happened, my roots turned extremely bright pale yellow and then some of my hair turned orange and reddish pink and then on one side and the underneath it was still dark red. So I washed it out and conditioned it. The next day I went back to Sally's and bought two more packet of the same bleach and used the 30 vol developer and then bought this demi-permanent light ash blonde hair color by ION Brilliance super shine an a 10 vol developer for after the bleaching.

Well I covered my entire head all but the roots with bleach for about 20-25 minutes and it is now mostly all very light orange and yellow. I knew my hair would be in bad shape after I rinsed it out and it was, I used light shampoo on it and this L'Oreal deep conditioning treatment on it for 10 minutes and rinsed. Some of my hair felt like elastic and when I pulled it it would stretch out and go back if not snap easily, this wasn't all my hair just some around the crown of my head where it was really dark red before. So then after it dried out, I felt it would be okay to put the light ash blonde hair color on it that doesn't have ammonia or anything harmful in it and my hair wasn't changing at all no color change the roots only turned slightly nothing else. I felt it was a waste. So now my hair was worse dry and elastic and very floppy. I cried. My natural hair color is dirty blonde, but I've been dying it dark for a year now black, dark brown, and auburn. So I shampooed it and put this olive oil conditioning leave in cream in it all night and its still in. My hair doesn't feel elastic at all, but the ends and I can tell where some of my hair broke off like small strands and it's slightly dry. All the new growth and underneath my hair feels healthy because I recently got it cut about an inch below my ears.

I was thinking about toning it to a ash blonde color or neutral blonde something blonde, but what is the difference between a toner and using a dye? I was also going to go to Hair Cuttery and do a consultation, but those women I don't think know what they're doing either, but I don't have a lot of money.:{

What can or should I do to fix this problem without further damaging my hair or having to bleach it. If I could fix it myself first and last resort would be to go to a salon. And just remember I have bright pale yellow roots and the rest is light orange. And I need to fix it ASAP. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks, Kandee
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 11:13 AM

At this point, I'd say it's time to go to a salon. You've got too many different colors going on now. Plus all of the damage you've done to your hair. Dying it again sounds like a very bad idea.
    Kandee21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    at this point, i'd say it's time to go to a salon. you've got too many different colors going on now. plus all of the damage you've done to your hair. dying it again sounds like a very bad idea.
    Yeah, That's what I decided to do. I made two Appointments for consultations at an Aveda Salon and Paul Mitchell. I think I need the best professional help at this point. Thank you :)
    I have them tomorrow, do you think it would be a good idea to do a couple protein filler treatments before tomorrow?
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 11:55 AM

Sometimes the less you do is better. I would just leave it alone until you get to talk to the professionals.
    melsky Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2009, 09:52 PM

The same thing happened to me once. I went straight to the salon! They ended up having to colour my hair red though because of the brassiness and ginger. You should also get a treatment while your there and some very rich treatment to use for home. If you heat style your hair make sure you use heat protectants and your hair should have mostly recovered within 4 weeks
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 10:35 PM

How did it go with the professionals kandee? Is your hair fixed now?
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 31, 2009, 10:58 PM

Congrats! You attempted to do a color correction yourself! Thank god literally thank him. Your hair shouldv damn near been pure mush and evaporated off! I hope my friends at aveda helped you and sent you home w aveda damage remedy product line! Please tell everyone you know about your experience! Ppl outside the business seem to think hair color is a simple thing! Its not!! I'm now an expert after many years of experience and education!however its degrating to stylist when people think its super easy and attempt it themselves! On the other hand its girls like you who I charge hundereds of dollars to fix their mistakes! I love that commission cut!lol! I know you learned your lesson! And I'm sorry you went through that! Go to salon at least every 2wks for intensive conditioning treatments that can only be done at the salon! Take care!
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 11:03 PM

Stylist, there's no need to put her down for trying to correct her hair color herself. Making a mistake like this is often embarrassing enough without having a stylist poke fun at you. Besides, she posted a couple times weeks ago and never came back to follow up, she'll probably never even read your useless comment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lip bleaching [ 3 Answers ]

There was someone that asked a question about bleaching gel for the lips. I too would like to bleach my lips. After my son was born, the hormones changed my lips color from medium rosy to a deep purply color. Not bad but lipstick just doesn't look good on me. Does anyone know of a product hat...

Skin bleaching [ 1 Answers ]

How can I bleach my skin permanently

Bleaching and Dying [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: a few months ago I've bleached my hair blonde and it looks ugly there were random patches of blonde a friend had bleached my hair. I've redyed it black a few times and dark brown. Now my hair is darkbrownish black I was wondering if I could dye/bleach my whole head dark blonde without...

Bleaching? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to dye parts of my hair either blue or purple. Since my hair is virgin, (and dark brown) how should I do this? Is there a good product to use since I'm doing this at home? Please... any suggestions!

View more questions Search