Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    memereto3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 03:24 PM
    Using Silicone instead of Grout on Granite Tile Countertop
    On the diy network yesterday, someone mentioned using silicone applied to the edge of granite tile and pushing the tiles together as close as possible instead of grouting.

Has anyone used this method? What are the pros and cons?

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a granite countertop for a bar [ 1 Answers ]

I want to put a granite countertop on a bar - what kind of supports are needed? The countertop will be sitting on top of a wall - on one side there will be kitchen cabinets, but about 6 inches lower than the bar height (normal cabinet height) - the other side will be available for seating with bar...

Silicone and granite sinks [ 8 Answers ]

We have a new granite countertop and found out the hard way plumbers putty will not work when installing a sink flange and garbage disposal flange into a granite 80% sink, so I tried latex silicone, twice and it still seems to trickle white silicone around the edges when water is run, what is the...

Installing 12x12 granite tiles as countertop [ 9 Answers ]

I want to install 12x12 granite tiles as a new counter top. Do I need to install backer board? I would like to butt them to one another, and if I do, do I still need to grout them?

Installing granite tiles on countertop [ 1 Answers ]

I have some granite tiles I would like to install on my bathroom countertop, my question is, what type of thinset should I use and what size spacers do I need.

Install granite tile countertop [ 0 Answers ]

I'm considering the 12x12 granite tile for my countertop. How do I install it on my existing cabinets? Do I remove the entire existing countertop? My current sink is a drop in sink, how does that work with the tiles? Will have need to buy another sink? I have a surface cookstove, how is that...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.