Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfintheshadow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 09:09 PM
    Loss of appetite
    My cat is about 10 months old and for the past 2 weeks (give or take a day or 2) her appetite has gone done but I'm not seeing any change in her weight. She still eats and drinks but not near what she use to. I have always gave her a cup of food a day and it was just enough but now that same cup last about 2 whole days. Should I be concerned or is this normal?
    AuntSwee Posts: 131, Reputation: 19

Jul 30, 2009, 09:33 PM

Is it hotter than normal? Has there been a big weather change? My cats don't eat near as much when it is hot. Some times if there is a big weather change they change their eating habits or just stress can cause it. I feed early in the morning that way it is cool enough for them during the summer. In the winter I feed later in the day. Try putting some ice cubes(just a couple) in her water. My cats like to play with the ice cubes plus it cools down the water. Hope this helps. If her weight changes at all, take her to the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pomeranian loss of appetite [ 3 Answers ]

Why won' otherwise healthy 13 y/o pomeranian eat?

Vommiting and loss of appetite [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I think I have a very sick cat on my hands. He is 16 and I rescued him about three months ago. For the past three days he will not eat and I haven't really seen him drink anything. The three months that I've had him he will not eat dry food so I feed him wet food with chicken on top. He...

Loss of appetite [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has lost his appetite, is losing weight, is constipated and excessively thirsty. What's wrong with him?

Loss of appetite [ 1 Answers ]

My 9 y/o Dalmatian has recently stopped eating her food. She drinks a lot of water. She has been eating cat droppings from a litter box and I recently gave her a dewormer. Could she have an upset stomach from the cat's poop and litter or is there something more wrong?

View more questions Search