Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melisskah Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jul 29, 2009, 04:39 AM
    Wallpaper gone bad (looks like there's a crack in the wall)
    Hi, yesterday I started painting my walls white (which I wish I hadn't now) basically I started painting over a wall paper which has been painted on several times in the past, so the wall paper became "blotchy" leaving me to peel of the wall paper on one side of the wall (including some of the plaster! ) , now I've painted the wall again, and where the wall papers cut to the wall t looks like I have a crack in the wall...

What can I do? Cover it with wall paper, I refuse to strip the rest of the walls where I've painted, as it started removing the plaster, making painting life "hell".

Ive attached some photo's if it helps.

Many Thanks

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 05:08 AM

Smooth over the transition to the wall paper with dry wall joint compound.
    melisskah Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2009, 08:42 AM

^ Thank you for your reply, I kind of solved the problem now, I just striped more wall paper lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement wall crack [ 2 Answers ]

We have a crack in the basement wall at the gas meter location. And water is getting through to the laundry room. I called a contractor he priced the repairs for 1200$ just for the one crack and said epoxy is no longer used. Can you let me know what needs to be done and if 1200$ is the right...

Crack in basement wall [ 4 Answers ]

I have a crack in my basement wall and water is visible leaking through from the outside. I want to know the proper procedure to fix this myself. What type of sealant do you recommend. I do believe you have to v out the crack before you plug it. Is this correct.

Wallpaper removal and wall prep estimate [ 2 Answers ]

My finace is starting his own painting business and we are trying to figure out how much to charge for wallpaper removal and wall prep. Can you assist?

Wallpaper removal from plaster wall [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, I mastered the art of wallpaper removal from my bedroom walls and actually enjoyed the process. I have now developed a tried and true system and if anyone wants to know PM me and I will explain. Now, the toughy. I have to remove wallpaper from my frontroom walls and the wallpaper is on...

Crack in wall sheetrock [ 5 Answers ]

We have a conventional foundation in a house built in 2001. There is now a 12-18 inch crack in the sheetrock ( very small, not deep) that goes from the top of a window sill at a 90 degree angle toward the ceiling. The outside of the house shows no cracks. Should I be concerned? Thanks a bunch for...

View more questions Search