Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hellonikki Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 03:23 AM
    How best to treat my (african) hair.
    Hi, I'm full african and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to best grow my hair.

When I put it in braids it grows a little but breaks much much more.

My hair is VERY thick (its nigerian hair) and whenever I relax/perm etc the chemicals just end up breaking my hair even more.

I'm sick of doing braids I want to leave it natural.

Any advice on how to best do this?
    Or any advice on finding an unbiased really good hairdresser in london that can help me out?

Thanks...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 05:33 AM

I know my boyfriend uses a really good brand of shea butter and it helped his hair to not break so bad.

These are probably over priced but may be what might work if you don''t already use.
    Check for cheaper brands but good quality.
    If what I said isn't what you need maybe you will find some answers/tips in the sites in the site and search engine below

Search

Natural Shea Butter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

African American Hair [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is a way to make african american hair wavy? I usually perm it but it doesn't stay wavy for long.

Black african hair growth [ 5 Answers ]

I have not cut my hair in five years but still is not long . It is still the same length . Please tell me how to grow my hair since I want it to be long and strong.

African american hair growth [ 3 Answers ]

My name is destiny and I live in Florida... ive been trying to grow out my hair for the longest now.I used to braid my her in micro and over permed it wich caused a lot of hair damage. Lately I've being paying a lot of attention to my hair and trying to take care of it... I get professional perms...

African American hair growth [ 1 Answers ]

So my sister cut my hair lately (and it looks good) but I don't rock short hair. I am african american with really curly hair and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to make it grow faster and healthy for cheap. If you have any answers I would appreciate them. Thanks.

View more questions Search