Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prashant1988 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 03:16 AM
    22Kw motor which size cable use?
    What is the basic phenomenon to use cable 4 motors 4 eg:- a 22Kw or 30 Hp motor which size of cable is used in Cu or Al & in which core and why??
    arsh7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 10:37 PM

Hi I think ,you need to know /phase current of motor.on basics of current select cable acc to electrical standards.
    sathe1963 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Sep 3, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Motor full load amps (fla) is 40 ampere. Accordingly refer to the cable catalogue and select considering factors like temperature, length, grouping of cables in cable tray for derating of the current carrying capacity of the cable. Appearantly, you need 25 sq. Mm. Copper cable or 35 sq.mm. Aluminium cable. (more excessive size cable lugs even will not get accommodated at the terminals of motor itself.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

200 amp cable size [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of upgrading appliances in my home. I currently have a 100 amp breaker box and I am thinking of upgrading to a 200 amp box. The electrical cables coming into the meter from the electric company are burial cables that are not in conduit. The size of the cables are #2. Are #2...

Size of U/G cable [ 1 Answers ]

I have an existing 2" ID PVC U/G ductline from my house to our steel barn, approximately 400 ft. We plan to run 120/240V cable in the ductline to the barn, mainly for fluorscent lighting, and possibly one small electric 'hotplate'.What size, and type cable do you recommend? Hopefully 50 Amp...

What size Cable? [ 2 Answers ]

We're installing a Built-In Microwave Oven Combo unit, with specs as follows: 40 Ampere, 208/240 Volts, 60 Hertz (1/second). AC-ONLY. USE COPPER WIRE ONLY. A FOUR-WIRE OR THREE-WIRE, SINGLE PHASE ELECTRICAL SUPPLY REQUIRED Question: The new unit is approximately 35 feet from the breaker box. ...

Cable size [ 1 Answers ]

What size cable is required for 1450KW @415 v 3phase for 100metres with ambient temperature of 35 deg C

View more questions Search