Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Jul 24, 2009, 10:28 AM
    Sweet Smell
    I am 18 weeks pregnant with my second, and I have my 4th ultrasound next week. In the past few weeks I have had a fishy odor which I am sure is bacterial vaginosis, I had it with my last pregnancy. The only thing I have noticed in the past 48 hours is that I am always wet down there. I have to wear a pad or my underwear is wet. The discharge or liquid has a sweet smell to it. What is it? Should I be concerned or just leave it and wait till my ultrasound?

Thanks everyone :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 11:26 AM

You could be correct, bacterial vaginosis sounds like it could be the dishcarge you are having, but kind of hard to diagnose on the net. Seeing as you are pregnant, I would not let it linger. By the way, the wet is good, without wet it wouldn't be fighting the bacteria, dry is bad.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strong soap/sweet smell in bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

Although I have read much information re: smelly sewer smells in bathrooms and how to correct, I haven't been able to figure out the source/solution for the very strong soapy/sweet detergent like smell in my master bedroom ensuite. My house is just two years old and we noticed this after living...

Cloying 'sweet' smell suddenly coming from bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm based in Toronto, Canada. Strange smell coming from only one of my bathrooms (I live in a relatively new condo with 2 bathrooms). Smell just started in last couple of months, and I've lived here for almost 2 years. It isn't a sewage or rotten egg smell. On the 'sweet' end of the spectrum,...

Sweet sort of urine smell in upstairs bedroom [ 4 Answers ]

We have an old house and every so often... I think it's when it's windy or warm... there is a sweet urine smell coming from the far corner of the upstairs bedroom. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? Thanks

Sweet Smell [ 3 Answers ]

I just got an air conditioner for my apartment and I have noticed that there is a sweet smell coming from it. Is this a bad thing? What should I do?

View more questions Search