Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JVinaixa1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 08:40 AM
    Plumbing: Shower Faucet Stripped ?
    I might have stripped my shower faucet handle.. went too far when tightening it - how can I repair it myself ?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 08:46 AM

What is the Brand and the model number of your faucet?

Thanks.
    John
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 08:58 AM

It's probably easier to get the repair part from the maufacturer than it is to do a Helicoil repair. I've used Heilicoils from 1/4" up, but nay smaller.

Browse the MSC Big Book
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 10:42 AM

First, determine if you stripped the tip of the Stem of the Handle itself.

Usually it is the Handle. Here, replace the handle. If it is the stem, then you have to replace the stem.

Can you post a photo of this faucet ?

Thank you. Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stripped out seat in shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a seat wrench from my local hardware store to remove a seat that is chipped in my shower. I used the wrench on the seat and it was so old (my guess is 15 years or so) that it just stripped out the metal and now I can not get the wrench to turn it at all. I have called a few plumbers and...

Shower Cartridge replacement halted due to stripped screw set. [ 2 Answers ]

Need assistance! I am in the process of replacing a shower cartridge but this project has been halted at it's first step removing the handle to obtain access to the cartridge. I have tried various things all of which has had the unfortunate event of stripping the screw set head so that there isn't...

Plumbing/Shower Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My shower faucet has become increasingly difficult to turn toward hot. Does anyone have any help orsuggestions?

Bathroom plumbing: coupling nut stripped [ 8 Answers ]

The coupling nut that secures the trap to the pipe that goes into the wall is stripped and will not tighten. Photo attached for reference. What options are there without having to call in a plumber? Thanks - Paul ...

Stripped out shower knob [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Price Phister shower water mixer. After about 10 years the screw that holds the hot/cold on/off knob to the shaft of the water mixer seems to have stripped out. I suspect the metal screw that holds it together is going into a plastic fitting that has fatiged over time and is stripped out...

View more questions Search