Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dave Mc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 08:25 AM
    AVR for 10Kva house generator
    I have a Yanmar powered 10 Kva 3 phase generator and the AVR keeps blowing, only lasts a week or so, this avr is a home made unit and I am not sure it can handle the power.
    I have tried to find information on the generator but no luck, I do know that it is about 20 years old and the gen has brushes and connects to the avr by 4 wires, 2 from the brushes and the other 2 well I am not sure.
    Can anyone tell me about this type of gen?
    Can I fit an external 3 phase AVR ?
    sathe1963 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Sep 3, 2009, 07:21 AM
    Try stamford make generator avr.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much load can a 10Kva Inverter will take? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10Kva Dubas Inverter, it is showing full load alarm for just 18Amps only, exactly how much amps can I put on it, and how to calculate that load?

Whole House generator [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all! My question is regarding generators. I have a generator that I wheel in and out when needed but due to some physical limitations am now looking at purchasing a "whole house generator". My understanding is that it's possible to fuel these by hooking them up to your gas line? ...

Powering house with a generator [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to power a portion of my house with a generator is that possible and what do I need to do to accomplish this in case of a power failure

Generator<->house? [ 35 Answers ]

Two recent extended power outages reminded me I still don't have a connection for my generator. Yeah, I managed the fridge, freezer, coffee maker, etc on some extension cords, but the pump would be nice too, and maybe next time the furnace too. So I got a 6250 watt generator for $371. I would...

Generator for the house, Guardian? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I asked this question a long time ago, but it seems that I'm finally going to give in and buy one. I thought I could get away with just a portable generator, but after Wilma blew through South Florida, my house will not have power back until November 15th. Luckily, the weather is...

View more questions Search