Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davep5 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 04:54 PM
    Summer romance
    Threads merged

I'm going off to college in August and I met a girl at the beginning of summer. When we first saw each other we connected. We both kind of wanted a summer hook up, but we both ended up having strong feelings for each other. And she decided to be friends for a while. She went to Florida for a week. And now were back together going out.. its kind of a weird thing but give your opinion about it.

Also is it hard for a girl to be really attached to a guy knowing that in a month or two we'll be going separate ways whether we want to or not when she has strong feelings for him?

Leave your comments...
    prttynpnk1105 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 05:06 PM

Its kind of a chance to take when you want to just hook up for a certain amount of time because it is always that chance of a real connection happening. If you two really have a connection then it is going to be really hard leaving each other.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 22, 2009, 06:41 PM
    There's only so many weeks left in the summer. You can either spend it:

1) Worrying about your future with her.
    2) Enjoy the time that you spend with you.

I'd go with number 2. Worry about the future when it arrives, until then, just enjoy the time that you spend together!
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 22, 2009, 06:49 PM

I'm going through a similar situation right now (although neither of us have said specifically we just want to hook up--that's not how I roll) but his college is 40 minutes away from mine.

We connect really well and there's some major attraction, but whether it's going to go beyond the summer... I have to say I doubt. If it does, great, if not, we've had some good times.

I suggest you do the same. Be glad you got to spend the time with her, and use the rest of the summer enjoying the time with her. If it turns out that you guys really are ridiculously fond of each other and can't let go, then discuss your options from there.

But also be realistic in the situation, and realize that once school starts, or whatever, there's a whole bunch of new people you both will meet. Don't worry. Just sit back, relax, and whatever happens, happens.

Everything will work out as it should.

Aug 12, 2009, 06:12 AM
    Its over with
    Threads merged

Me and a girl have been dating for a few months... recent we've fallen in love with each other and are very attached to each other. I lied about a past girlfriend to her and now my present girlfriend is mad at me for it which I can understand... ive appoligized and addmitted I screwed up. Any advice for me?
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 06:14 AM

Just hope for the best on everything. Buy her flowers, give her a card, take her out to a nice restaurant. You never know where it might get you but it might not make her so mad anymore and she will probably see you care about her.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 06:15 AM

You have apologized... give her time to relax and calm down to see where this may lead. Flowers aren't a bad idea but I would let things smooth over for a bit before doing anything like that.

Aug 12, 2009, 06:16 AM
    Thanks... she thinks I don't care.. but I realllyy doo
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 06:18 AM

Prove it to her then. We don't know that. Only you do and only you can make her know that. So show her how much you love her and care for her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 11:22 AM

Looks like the summer romance is over, and she used the lie you told as a reason to end it. Don't know if its worth pursuing. When does she leave for school?

Your threads were merged so all the full details could be understood.

Aug 12, 2009, 11:25 AM
    The day before I do... like 10 days from now
    crisluvsu731 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Aug 12, 2009, 11:28 AM
    It isn't hard when you are with a great guy. How far apart will you be?
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 12:13 PM

I think she thought it was best to cut it short instead of dragging it on and just hurting each of your feelings more.

Probably the right thing to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summer Switch on Furnace- on or off in summer? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Carrier furnace for central heat in the basement; the AC unit is newer and outside. I noticed that the Carrier unit has a "Summer Switch". Should it be set to off during the summer months?

Romance [ 6 Answers ]

I have been married for 8 1/2 years, and right now we live with my husbands parents. We also have a little boy,and he won't sleep in his bed . We never have sex anymore,maybe every 5-6months. I don't know if it's our surroundings or me. I want things to be like they were before. Sometime we have...

View more questions Search