Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boatbuilder Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Getting into the game
    I'm getting back into the dating scene and I need a little help. Everyone says I'm a good looking guy and am really nice. My problem is that I'm really shy and only a few girls know my real personality and they are my friends. How do I get over my shyness? Where are the best places to meet nice attractive women? And does a smile really help with attracting women?
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 22, 2009, 09:14 AM

I'm a shy person too boatbuilder. Its something I can't help. I'm quiet around people I don't know but talk a load when I'm used too you lol. The only thing you can do is just be yourself. If you want to get over your shyness the only advice I can give you (that I've gotten from others) is to make up conversations and ask questions.

You can meet attractive women everywhere. You can find some at the mall. That's where they hang out where I live.

You will be fine
    genesisz Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Jul 22, 2009, 04:25 PM

Yes a smile does try going to a bar or club with a few or your guy friend then you would feel relax an more comfortable. When you see a girl you like just approach her in a calm way be like hi nice meet you my name is blank . It would be fine. If you feel like you feeling shy tell her I'm not use to going up to girl. She will understand. Hope this helps
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 05:51 AM

Read this (I have posted this several times in the past, so it may look familiar):

Good looks may get your noticed, but confidence gets you in the door. Simple process here. Being a guy, almost ANY girl will be attracted to a guy who is confident in himself. If you are a guy, follow my advice to getting yourself a "date" with a female you are attracted to:

Walk up to them, BS with them and then ask for their number. Regardless of their answer, make sure you act like it didn't bother you at all. Their answer and their reaction should have ZERO effect on you one way or another. The key is to ensure that they know you can live with or without them! Maintain the attitude that you couldn't care less whether they gave their number to you... You make sure you keep it short and sweet, the less the better my friend!

Confidence 101... for more tips, let me know, but I PROMISE you confidence is the key to dating, not being good looking. Girls want a guy who is confident of himself (not cocky) and isn't tripping over his own tongue around them. This is for ALL ages. Girls KNOW that for better or worse, a lot of guys are afraid of them. So, being the proactive guy who is confident and sure of himself, no matter the age, makes you look really good.

Never fear rejection!
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 06:02 AM
    A smile goes a long way in attracting girls. There is nothing wrong with being the shy, quiet type if that is your genuine personality. Figure out what topics you are comfortable making small talk about and chat with her about one of those things.

If you never ask, you will never get anywhere. I was at a party last weekend and ran into a guy I have know for at least 10 years. I would have said that I would never date him. But he approached me with a sweet, carefree attitude and asked me out. I was flattered and I said yes.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2009, 06:14 AM

Yeah my son swears by confidence.
    He swears he could get any girl he wants.
    Remember too that as JJwood said its better to ask than to always wonder. So what if they turn you down.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by boatbuilder View Post
    how do i get over my shyness?
    Tease whatever girl you're interested in, and if they give it right back, in a playful manner of course, you know they're interested.
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 23, 2009, 08:28 AM

That's a pretty good idea too.
    CURIOUS08 Posts: 84, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2009, 09:34 AM

Hey... I know a lot of people that have had problems finding dates... especially guys meeting girls. My guy friends always say they meet the wrong girls... I am a girl but I am told by a lot of my guy friends that I am intimidating. I"m the type of girl they want to bring home, and not just have a quicky yet. When a guy notices a girl that is out of their league, they clam up and therefore do not approach her, and then they will never know right... It sux sometimes, at least for me because I"ll check out a guy and he makes a ton of eye contact, but he won't budge and I'm too scared to approach him myself.
    One of my friends bought an ebook online... It does give some pretty good points and I read some of it... It didn't give him all the confidence, but it did give him some realistic approaches to getting a girl and did explain what not to do... here is the link if you are interested... Online Dating - Home. They link to the ebook is at the bottom and it's not expensive plus it's pretty thick and you get other stuff too.
    shelbybelle13 Posts: 27, Reputation: -2

Jul 24, 2009, 10:05 AM

Well I'm a very shy person but once I get to know people I'm just fine and sometimes a smile will help but it just depends on what that girl is looking for
    CURIOUS08 Posts: 84, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2009, 10:16 AM

All girls are different... and there are so many fish in the sea, so if one doesn't work, go for another!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a OLD Game to run in XP? [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a OLD Game(1995 Version) "The DIG" by LucasArts(No-Support), No matter what I do I can't get it to Install/Play from the CDROM... I have used the Program Compatibility Wizard and made the settings to "windows 95, 256 Colors, 640 x Resolution, Turn off advanced services...still nothing??...

On the Game [ 2 Answers ]

A man walks into the bedroom and sees his wife packing a suitcase. He asks, 'What are you doing?' She answers, 'I'm moving to New York. I heard prostitutes there get paid $400 a night for doing what I do for you for free.' A little later, on her way out, the wife walks past the...

Does he really like me or am I a game [ 16 Answers ]

Entire story merged OK bare with me.. I have a guy best friend and he wanted to go out with me I told him no I didn't want to ruin 22 years of friendship well he got a girlfriend.. I started working with him and met his cousin who I like a lot.. he got mad at first but is OK now.. so anyway me...

Game Show Host game [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of an old electroinc board game that features a talking game show host? It was released in the late 70s or in the 80s. I thought the name of it was "Game Show Host" but I can't find it anywhere. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Is it a game or is it serious? [ 3 Answers ]

Argh where should I begin? ... well I have been getting to know a lad for months and months (like 10 months) we get on really well, but as I have no experience of relationships or sex or anything I have been worried to take it further as he has a lot of experience. I am 18, he is 21, we both...

View more questions Search