Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LRG562 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 05:15 PM
    Likas Papaya Soap
    Has anyone used it and will it still ighten skin if I use it like a few days a week?? I don't know... I just need info on this soap
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 05:54 PM

From what I just looked up and from what I could tell most papaya soaps for skin lightening contain Kojic Acid as an active ingredient so I would check to see if that brand contains the kojic acid.
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

Jul 21, 2009, 06:08 PM

It burned my skin when I first started of course I was using mono at the time. I use it now, no stinging nothing. I adapted.
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Jul 22, 2009, 04:24 AM
    I just ordered this soap a few days ago, waiting on arrival. I have used diana stalders kojic soap in the past and it works well. I just want to see which one works better.

Jul 22, 2009, 01:59 PM

I want to know too. I have tried DS
    desikudi Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 10:57 AM

I am using likas right now... and it has kind of improved my tone by 1-2 shade but I only use it on body as its too strong for my face and might cause wrinkle later...
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 02:56 PM
    I never used Likas Papaya Soap before, I did use Diana Stalder Papaya Kojic soap and it worked well for me. I used it along with Bio Claire cream and then I had switched to Makari. It burns which, was expected because it works like it's own chemical peel. But within a few weeks the burning stopped.

Jul 23, 2009, 03:14 PM

Mmmm what the diffrence between Likas Papaya soap & reg papaya kojic acid soap?
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mepk5 View Post
    mmmm what the diffrence between Likas Papaya soap & reg papaya kojic acid soap?
    Probably just the name of the brand. I read that some of the independent sellers add hq to their soap so it's best to use a good branded one.

Jul 23, 2009, 09:16 PM
    Yes hopefully my soap arrives soon. I know with Diana stalder it was really good. It helped so much with my oily skin. I hope the likas does that as well.
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Let me know how it works for you, I hope you have good results

Jul 24, 2009, 01:50 PM
    Soap has just arrived I have it on my face now for about 3 min now no stinging, not sure if it does but maybe I'm used to it after getting through the DS. I really hope it will control my oily skin because that way any creams that I used will work better.
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Yeah I hate having oily skin cause I have a problem with acne and breakouts. The papaya kojic soap helped a lot w/ my acne and fading some of my scars, but I ran out so I'm trying this black soap to hopefully continue to fade my scars, but I doubt it will make me lighter. What cream are you using on your face? I'm using thr Bio Claire.
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mepk5 View Post
    my black soap didn't fade my spots....

maybe I had the wrong black soap.
    Really? It did it have any benefits, what brand are you using? I'm using the Nubian Heritage black soap, it say it also has shea butter and oats in it. I guess I'll really know in a few weeks... it supposed to help with acne and blemishes. Well, I haven't had any acne breakouts in a while. But, I'm also using at home microbermabrasion and then the bio claire.

Jul 25, 2009, 03:59 AM
    As of now I'm not using any cream on my face, I'm scouting for something new. So just the soap right now. I used Bio clair and omg it did me so bad, I should have a post about it on here. I still have jars of that around. I've been asking questions about oralight pills and I am awaiting some answers. I heard neutral things about the Makari products so I never bought any of the products, now I have started to Google and read about the products. How ever there was a nice product I was using but when I called the supplier about it on yesterday they said they had discontinued it. It was really good... OH LOL I had not been home to visit my family in like 2 1/2 yrs in Louisiana so when I was there My grandfather and my uncle was like dang girl what are you doing bleaching yourself you so white. I was really upset/embarrased because this was on Thanksgiving Day and there was lots of people around. Some who didn't know me and probably thought I had just really light skin. But I laughed it off and blamed it on my new environment.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 01:36 PM
    I know how that feels. My older brother and my step-dad were like that last Christmas and they said that whatever I was doing I neded to stop and that I looked like I was half white now. It was really embarressing, I rather them not say anything. I just said I was using black soap and sunblock... lol, and they were like your using more than that.. but I darkened a lot now.

You mean the oralight pills from Makari? I haven't heard any news from it. I know that the ingredients are Bearberry Leaves Extract, Lemon Fibres, Vit E, Vit C, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Stearate, Gelatin. To sum it up ithe active ingredients is just bearberry leaves and lemon fiber w/ a high price. I don't know how much vitamin C though. Let me know if they work though.

What products was it that worked for you but now discontinued? What was your original complexion and how mny shades lighter did you get? What did you use for your arms to lighten? I know a lot of questions..

Jul 25, 2009, 03:24 PM
    I myself have darkened a lot as well. A few weeks ago My husband had friends to meet him at a furniture to help move some things, when I came into the store they were like "you look different, you have finally gotten some color to you" I was like yea it's summer. Well I was using Body white. I had heard a female talk about it in another forum a while back. How she had used this product and it had done great for her but now she can't find it. So I googled it and found it. I purchased only about 4 tubes. Now the product is discontinued. I can't recall what the ingredients are but if I can find a old tube I'll let you know. I hate when something works pretty good than they stop selling it. There is also another one I used that's pretty good I need to find the box for that and order that one until I find something else. My skin tone I think is about two shades darker than Rihanna maybe even three now that I have tanned. But normally about one shade darker than her. Right now I'm not using anything on my arms but when ever I order my next products I will use on my arms. Bio clair had my arms really light for a min but than It turned me sooooo dark.
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 12:46 PM
    I'll try to look for Body white too. Have you checked Ebay? 1-2 shades darker than Rihanna, that's really good. That's something like my goal and to also maintain. How many shades lighter did the Bodywhite make you and how long to see results?

Bio Claire only worked for my face, neck, and ears, so I'm still using it there. On the rest of my body it only burned it to a bright red and wrinkly, then they later turned real dark and burnt. I removed it now with scrubs and makari, but I have to find something more affordable. I as using bio claire again on my arms to see if it'll work the next time but I stopped about a week back now because it started making my arms real wrinkly-looking.

Jul 27, 2009, 01:47 PM
    Omg the results came gradually, not too soon but still it didn't take forever, I hadn't realized how light I was becoming until my family saidsomething. It was good I think ill try to Google it to see if I can get it else where also
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by so sexy View Post
    omg the results came gradually, not too soon but still it didnt take forever, i hadnt realized how light I was becoming until my family saidsomething. It was good I think ill try to google it to see if I can get it else where also

Congratulations! Keep us updated on your progress

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone ever tried grisi mother of pearl soap or their papaya soap? [ 2 Answers ]

I've purchased a bar of grisi mother of pearl soap(concha de nacar) and it is supposed to aid in fading small brown spots. If anyone has had experience withthese two products,can you give me insight as to how well it actually works?

Papaya soap [ 6 Answers ]

Hi;) ! Does anybody know where papaya soap can be found? Thank you!

Likas papaya soap [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone used likas papaya soap and let me know your experience and results.

View more questions Search