Aug 6, 2009, 10:32 PM
    cogs,
    Yes,
    Thanks much for that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    chocodrip Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jan 29, 2010, 12:06 PM

Tongues actually mean languages. We all should agree that after the upper room experience when Peter and his fellow disiciples spoke to the crowd, many of them heard it in their own mother tongue. And they all wondered as to how these fishermen knew so many languages and 3000 were baptized that day.

I know of a Pastor who knew how to speak, read and write only Tamil and English. He went to China and when the time came for him to speak the translator didn't show up. So he got on the stage whispered a prayer and started speaking in English. He saw people nodding at him, responding,etc. After he finished and came down the translator hurried towards him and after excuzing himself for being late asked him as to why he needed a translator since he had just given the message in pure chinese. The astonished pastor praised God and shared this experience as a testimony. Now this is speaking in tongues not some jibber jabber that no one understands
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jan 29, 2010, 04:05 PM

There was one account out of Russia just a few years back where a Russian teen spoke in English. The amazing part is that he retained the English language.

So don't discount the supernatural just because you don't understand everything about it.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 10:52 PM

chocodrip,
    Thanks much for that story.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Speaking in tongues? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm just new to this topic and I actually believe that I know how to speak in tongues in the personal sense but not in a corpral way. I asked a friend of mind about how you can tell the difference and what the purposes are, she said that one is for personal and another is for someone else. Although...

I like a girl who I've been talking to her and she's talking to her ex a lot [ 7 Answers ]

I have been talking to the girl down my block and we have been talking a lot and I like her I visited her school today because a lot of my friends go there and they all saw her talking to him a lot throughout the day and I asked her about it and she said "we're not together right now haha" is this...

Black spot on tongues [ 3 Answers ]

Why do people have black spots on their tongues

Who originally spoke in tongues? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Bible that was printed in 1880. It is so different from anything that I have read, heard, seen, etc. It has created a lot of questions. Thanks.

View more questions Search