Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHRISTYCARDOSO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Cleaning of an apartment for rent
    I just moved in to an apartment where I did not sign a lease, I had seen the apartment prior to moving in and it was pretty damaged I asked and was told that everything would be done before I moved in when I finally did move in the carpet was never changed or even shampooed and they told me that would be done they painted everything including the wall outlets and whatever paint fell on the floor or on the door knobs it was not cleaned up they painted around the cabinets in the kitchen but never took the cabinet off so the cabinets where stained with paint as well and never cleaned in the bathroom they installed new tile and never cleaned up after themselves and left it just like that for me to clean do I have any rights I did take pictures and call a main office to complain as I did give a security deposit as well, where do I go to make an official complaint as the site maintenance person was told of all of these problems and all she had to say was well you need to clean when you move in always but I do not think I should be responsible for the cleaning of work they did before I moved in, please direct me to the proper place to make a complaint
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 10:14 AM

If it is unhealthy/unsanitary, the Board of Health.

Otherwise building management - find the cleaning person's supervisor and go there, take your photos.

If you are asking to be paid for cleaning up after the cleaning/painting people, no, not unless you had an agreement in advance that you would be paid/would have "something" taken off your rent. You can't create a contract now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apartment Cleaning Business [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who's looking to get into this line of work, and he's come to me for help and a couple of questions. He would like to know how much should he charge a flat out rate or should he charge by the square foot.

What is due for rent after 3 days in an apartment [ 1 Answers ]

I am in Massachusettes. I have given a 30 day plus 3 days of the next month notice. I am an at will tenant. The landlord is telling me that I need to pay a full months rent for the extra 30 days is this right or is it prorated? They are also telling me that I have to prove I paid my last months...

Apartment Cleaning [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Orlando Fl. I am opening an apartment cleaning business, this is move in and move out, so when I get there to clean the apartment it is empty and I am cleaning to get it ready for move ins. Should I charge by the sq ft? If so, how much?

Rent increase for apartment in PA [ 10 Answers ]

Is there a cap on how much I can increase rent on an apartment in PA? Current tenants have ovenight guests, I pay water, sewage, trash collection!

Own a home in NJ, rent an apartment in NYC [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I both live and work in NYC. We are considering our options to buy a home. Our first option is to buy a condo/co-op in NYC. Our current rent is really cheap (against other NYC apartments). One option that I'm toying with is to keep renting our place in NYC, and buying a home in NJ...

View more questions Search