Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 01:34 PM
    I found (I think) the best answer to the holy trinity
    So many people argue with me that God is jesus, jesus is god.

I always argue the same way. No he is NOT. Jesus NEVER prayed to himself, nor did he claim the power to be HIS. He always said in MY FATHERS NAME. This indicates they are 2 separate entitys.

I have finally found scripture, prooving my belief.

God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? Numbers 23:19

To me, this CLEARLY says they are separate.

GOD IS NOT A MAN.

Jesus WAS a man... we ALL know that...

NOR IS HE SON OF MAN

Jesus WAS son of man... (or woMAN in this case)

This alone tells me that the trinity is the way I see it. Jesus is jesus. God is god. They are both part of the holy spirit.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 01:56 PM

Jesus, the second Person of the Trinity, prayed to the Father, His Heavenly Father, who is the first Person of the Trinity. We know the three persons of the Trinity collectively as God.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 02:48 PM

Yes but, jesus is not both part 1 and part 2. nor is god. They are separate parts of the holy spirit.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 02:53 PM

If God is everything, then he was Jesus too. Separation is an illusion that I believe we chose to experience. If we disagree, let's talk about it! I hope this thread doesn't get closed...
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 03:01 PM

God isn't everything. God is IN everything. God is a PART of everything. He is apart of all of us including jesus. So if he is part of all of us, does that make us all god too?
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 03:02 PM
    If we can be polite to each other, I'm sure it won't get closed. They close threads because of fights and bad arguments. Disagreement is fine, but all out mean-ness isn't.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    so if he is part of all of us, does that make us all god too?
    You have just stumbled onto something Akoue was trying to explain here a while ago.

Theosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    0EntitY Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jul 19, 2009, 03:37 PM

I find that most people leave out the non-material, immortal Spiritual Being factor. People in general think only in Physical Body terms. God-Gods or more exact Supreme Being is non-material in nature. So, God or a God was operating a physical body named Jesus, exactly like you and I as Spiritual Beings operate our own physical bodies. So far we have two here, God and it's physical Body or Jesus. After Jesus, the body, died, God made an image of the body of Jesus and even talked through it, but this image was not solid, you could pass a hand right through it. Now we have three, God, Jesus, an image of Jesus.
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Jul 19, 2009, 09:17 PM
    Very recently, I have come to understand Trinity.

However, I am only posting to share with you a sermon by Erwin Lutzer who is talking about New Age religions. There he is talking about what is wrong with man being God or God in man. Listen to his speech at Family Media Center and click on The Deception of New Spirituality. This is in two parts.
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Jul 19, 2009, 11:34 PM

You say that Jesus is not God because He did not pray to Himself.
    Paul says in Romans 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever
    Also Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
    Jesus is God!
    The term Trinity in my opinion is not 100% accurate 'cause one could say that God is a three headed monster or a schizophrenic creature.The truth is very simple!
    God the Father gave birth to His Son , the Word before anything else because it is written John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    And how do we know that the Word is not the Father? It is written about the Son Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

So everything was made by the Word,God's only begotten Son.

Is God's Son a God? Yes He is because it is written Genesis 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
    Genesis 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
    So God makes everything after their own kind and says that this was good.If this is good then this goes for Him also.He gives birth after His own kind and God's Son is also God.He is not The Father,but He is His Father's Son.
    My son is as human as I am,same goes with God's Son Who is as God as His Father is.
    So , no doubt the Son never prays to Himself because He knows that His Father is greater than He is as written John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Jul 20, 2009, 02:45 AM
    God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. does he speak and then not act? does he promise and not fulfill? Numbers 23:19
    This verse is what it says meaning that God is not like man who changes his mind or speaks and not act or promise and not fulfill.
    In other words God is not a sinner like man and not that Jesus being a man cannot be God.

Jul 20, 2009, 02:55 AM
    so if he is part of all of us, does that make us all god too?
    Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
    John 10:34 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
    [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Those unto whom the Word of God came are called by God, gods!Not everybody,not a non believer but whom the Word of God came!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 04:35 AM

Do a study on I AM.

“I am the way, the truth, and the life,” John 14.6

Using “Son of Man” really was an expression of humility, an indication of how God actually had been willing to lower Himself to mankind’s level by being born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25). Now, it generally was accepted by the chief priests and teachers of the law that “Son of Man” meant “Son of God.”

Jesus was both God and man.
    Jesus said:
    I and my Father are one. John 10:30

The Jews answered him [Jesus], saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. John 10:33

... Who [Jesus], being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: Philippians 2:6

... For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:9

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. John 8:58

Jul 20, 2009, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post

Using “Son of Man” really was an expression of humility, an indication of how God actually had been willing to lower Himself to mankind’s level by being born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25). Now, it generally was accepted by the chief priests and teachers of the law that “Son of Man” meant “Son of God.”
    Also in Hebrew ''son of '' has the meaning of ''in the image of ''!
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 10:13 AM

Haha wow. I thought I had the answer :) I was so wrong.

I guess this is another one of those questions that will remain misunderstood until we are at his table and we can ask him directly.

Its always possible, that the trinity is a man made concept and when I ask HIM in heaven he will simply laugh and say 'i never said such things, there is no trinity, what is, is simply what is'

Please note, I'm not putting words in gods mouth, HE understands what I'm tryign to say, and HE understands that I'm not being blasphemous :)

Lots of love :D

Jul 20, 2009, 10:56 PM
    haha wow. i thought i had the answer :) i was so wrong.

lots of love :D
    By this you give everyone of us a good lesson.Thank you for your honesty!
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 06:18 AM

Aww thanks adam :) I try :) I may be christian, but any christian who says they know it all is lying :P
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 06:26 AM

God the Father is the First person in the trinity as taught in my Bible,
    God the SON is the second and God the Holy Spirit is the third
    My Theological overview gives literally dozens of references to prove this to be true. If someone wants them listed I can do that.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 06:29 AM
    aww thanks adam :) i try :) i may be christian, but any christian who says they know it all is lying :P
    But the closer you draw yourself to God the more you do know of God.
    Not that we can ever know everything in a life time
    But the Bible does say

Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee. -- Psalm 119:11

(Ephesians 1:17-21 NKJV) that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,

(2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV) All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, {17} that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 06:31 AM

Good points nohelp :)

But I meant that we can't fully understand everything god said until we can ask him directly and get HIS interpretation. After all, all we can do is interperate his word. He can give us what the word really means.

Its confusing :P your right too. I don't know how to explain it any better :P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Holy Trinity- Islam [ 11 Answers ]

I heard muslims believe in god, but chirstians say to be saved everyone has to believe that jesus is the son of god. I think most chirstians are missing the point of the holy trinity. God, Jesus, holy spirit. The three are one. So I think heaven is open who worships god, and repenace of their sin....

I have a very hard riddle I found but don't have the answer will you solve it? [ 8 Answers ]

I turn polar bears white And I will make you cry. I make guys have to pee And girls comb their hair. I make celebrities look stupid And normal people look like celebrities. I turn pancakes brown And make your champane bubble. If you sqeeze me, I'll pop. If you look at me, you'll pop.

I don't understand the Holy trinity [ 9 Answers ]

The father (God), The son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit. Okay I get that but what I don't understand is how they are a the same person. I mean is Jesus is the son of God right? Then why do so many refer to Jesus as God?

I have never found anyone who can answer this. [ 1 Answers ]

I remember a movie from my childhood. It was about these 2 children who died in a fire in the 1700 or 1800 hundreds. I remember they were staying in the same bed and something about a stable. Maybe that's where the fire started, I can't remember. Now there was the girl who travelled back into...

Lumps in foreskin of penis, found an answer nowhere! [ 2 Answers ]

I developed a small lump on the left side of the shaft of my penis, it consisted of about 3 or 4 smaller lumps. I researched online and found that most lumps found on the penis are harmless or eventually go away. But I'm starting to worry because the lump has about double in size in about 6...

View more questions Search