Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Jul 19, 2009, 12:16 AM
    How to uninstall other application?
    Im downloading a trial version of Kaspersky. It found another application of a anti virus (AVG) and told me to uninstall it so I did (on add/remove programs) and it keeps reappearing. I can't get rid of the anti virus it just keeps reattaching itself.
    0EntitY Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jul 26, 2009, 09:55 AM

Use the AVG Removal Tool.
    AVG Antivirus and Security Software - Tools download
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Jul 29, 2009, 10:53 PM

Its still the same.. after downloading and rebooting that old anti virus I have still shows..
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 12:41 AM

Would need to delete some values in registry if the uninstall tool did not work

Using the Registry Editor
    If you are not comfortable with editing the registry, I would not recommend but suggest to have a friend or someone you know and trust to make these changes. It is a minor edit but still would not recommend if not comfortable.

Start, run and type regedit
    Hit Enter

-Go to edit
    -Click on Find Next
    -In search box, type AVG and hit "OK or search"

When it finds something, right click on what becomes highlighted and choose Delete and say OK
    -Hit F3
    -Repeat above - right click on what becomes highlighted and choose Delete and say OK

Hit F3 and repeat this process until it says Finished searching the registry
    -Close registry

Install Kaspersky

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is ITIN application and tax refund application different? [ 2 Answers ]

I applied for ITIN with my tax return this year. Do I need to apply again for my tax return separately or tax return application with ITIN is sufficient?

How Do I Uninstall IE v7? [ 3 Answers ]

IE v7 seems to be the problem I'm having with GeoCities Page Builder. I can no longer Save my pages. I would like to uninstall IE v7 & install v6. I use XP Home Edition. Any hints would be very much appreciated. treelady

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application? [ 1 Answers ]

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application?

Application to accelerate & application to revoke [ 14 Answers ]

Application to accelerate and application to revoke? What are the different. :cool:

Uninstall [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to uninstall a program but this message appeared on after confirming deletion.. "unable to locate the installation log file C/:program files blah blah... Uninstallation will not continue. What could be the problem? Anyone help please~ ;)

View more questions Search