Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 01:01 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Hi, taylor2012!

Anything that a person does to communicate on the Internet or via phone with typed in words is communication but potentially not the sincerest and/or genuine form of communication.

What do you think that I mean by that, please?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    Rewording it:

You can communicate through the internet, cell phone, etc. but unless you are talking to someone in person it is not genuine, as you cannot see their face, hear their emphasis, etc. that makes speech the great thing it is.

What do you think he means by that?

EDIT: Nvm, he beat me to it! XD

I'm really sorry that he moved. I'm sure that when you keep trying, you'll be able to do something about it.
    LOL! I think that you and I are definitely on the same "wave length" here, HelpinHere!

I'll greatly enjoy seeing what else we have in common so that we can further collaborate on things on this site! A number of us have definitely formed an allegiance of sorts on this site where we call upon each other in times of need for someone else or each other.

Thanks!
    taylor2012 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 01:03 AM

Thank you for helping me everyone :D
    Ive stayed up all night looking for help for a lot of things.
    I love this site!
    It really does help!
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 01:07 AM

Yes, it's a really great site, really well moderated and much easier to use than most of the other question and answer type of sites.

I've been hooked on it ever since I started here a couple of years ago.

Thanks!
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 01:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    LOL! I think that you and I are definitely on the same "wave length" here, HelpinHere!

I'll greatly enjoy seeing what else we have in common so that we can further collaborate on things on this site! A number of us have definitely formed an allegiance of sorts on this site where we call upon each other in times of need for someone else or each other.

Thanks!
    Hmm... maybe! I just believe the same way though (as far as the communication goes) so I got what you meant right away!
    If you want to ask me anything/call on me/etc. just send me a personal message, xD

If I see a thread I can help in, I will!

Glad you can find this site, and the people on it, helpful!
    I fell in love with it the day I found it. Get help, and give help. (Which, if you can do it effectively, I believe is very theraputic.) Don't be worried to ask anything you need help in, or give help if you can!
    rosebud135 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jul 16, 2009, 01:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor2012 View Post
    You really need to get rid of him,thats what this guy did and it just ruined me.
    I wish i could talk to my friends this summer but my 2 best friends (other then my guy friend) are sooo busy all the time and i never get to talk to them or have them come over or anything. I love talking to my friends though. They're awesome. :)

Yea but its so hard. We've been together 10 months and before that he was my best friend. Oh well if there your bffs tell them that they need time for you!! (:
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 01:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    Hmm... maybe! I just believe the same way though (as far as the communication goes) so I got what you meant right away!
    If you wanna ask me anything/call on me/etc. just send me a personal message, xD

If I see a thread I can help in, I will!
    When someone's in a real bind on this site, there are certain ones that I call upon to go to the thread to help out. There's no reason for someone to be alone here. Some of those people that I call upon have left the site, for one reason or another. It's really good to get some "fresh blood" in here!

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 01:19 AM

Lol... well, I've "been here" a little while, but I was gone for about a month or two... =[

It wasn't until I came back that I realized really that answering questions more than asking them was helping me... and my post count has almost doubled in two days! (from ~150 to what it is now)

@rosebud: I know, it can be hard. I've been through something similar before. But, know that you're completely right saying a true friend WILL find time for you. If he cannot do that, then he shouldn't get as much care as you still give him.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 01:21 AM

Hey, taylor2012!

Are you still there?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 01:37 AM

Okay, taylor2012!

I can see that you're no longer logged on to this site. Sometime, in the near future, when we're both on here at the same time, I do have some activities that I like to do with folks here that can help them to not feel so down and feel better about themselves. If you'd like to know what those activities are and maybe participate in doing them, please let me know on this thread.

Thanks!

Jul 16, 2009, 09:18 AM

Hey!
    Im sorry I feel asleep lol
    Anyway,thank you for helping me everyone :)
    I like activities! Lol
    THEpurplepeanut Posts: 195, Reputation: 8

Jul 16, 2009, 10:53 AM

Hey clough!! I would be cool to here about these activities! And taylor2012 I wish you the best of luck with your friends. If he isn't talking to you why beat yourself up over him? Maybe confide in some of your other really good friends and tell them how you are feeling. Good friends will always understand! Sorry to hear that he moved, is he still in the same town as you just on a different street or did he move to another town/state? Maybe he hasn't had time to talk because he is busy unpacking boxes and things and getting settled in his new home. Don't worry, I'm sure you have plenty of other friends to talk to. He's probably just going through a rough patch in his life right now, so don't worry. Good luck! :)

Jul 16, 2009, 12:17 PM

He just moved houses in the same town.
    Its just hard because I have only 3 really good friends and he's one of them,and my other 2 are busy all the time and I just feel alone :(
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 02:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by THEpurplepeanut View Post
    hey clough!!!! i would be cool to here about these activities!...... :)
    Yes, the activity things are something that we can definitely discuss as far as what to do here! There are a number of things that we can do...

It's nice to hear from you again, THEpurplepeanut!

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 02:32 AM

Yes, I also would like to hear of these!
    Since I deal with people like this in real life, too, would it be possible to adapt these for in-person conversations also?

If you don't want to reveal them until taylor is online, could you perhaps PM me them?
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 02:40 AM
    I work with things in music and other arts like the visual arts and arts that concern writing.. I would be happy to brainstorm on this thread as to the possibility of activities that we might do on this site in order to help each other as well as others who come along...

The writing songs thing has turned out to be a success. Although, it has been hard for me to keep up with it in recent months because of my health and other things that I've had to do...

Thanks!

Jul 17, 2009, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor2012 View Post
    He just moved houses in the same town.
    Its just hard because i have only 3 realy good friends and hes one of them,and my other 2 are busy all the time and i just feel alone :(
    I'm sorry that you feel alone, I too am having problems with friends (my best friend and I got into a fight a few days before school ended, and I haven't talked to her for over a month), maybe you could spend a little more time with your family, that's what I'm doing and it is helping me get over the trouble I'm going through, like talking to my mom more and not hiding in my room. Maybe hang out at the library and check out a few books to read to keep your mind off the loneliness you are feeling. This summer so far for me has been a relaxing time away from my friends and with my family and maybe that's what you may need too. Do you have any brothers or sisters? You could hang out with them and get to know them better. Maybe some family time is the best medicine in this type of situation. :)

Jul 17, 2009, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Yes, the activity things are something that we can definitely discuss as far as what to do here! There are a number of things that we can do...

It's nice to hear from you again, THEpurplepeanut!

Thanks!
    It's been a while:) how are you doing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She has to be happy in order to make me happy. [ 20 Answers ]

Around August 5th of last year, my girlfriend and I broke up for the first time. We spent the next two months on and off.. until we got back together in early October. Things have been great since then... until the last couple of days. I sensed that something was wrong, and today it was confirmed....

Why Can't Be Happy With Myself [ 9 Answers ]

Im In Middle School An Im 14 Years Old Im Not Happy When I Started Middle Im Been Really Down Don't Have The Confidents No More Im Always Putting Myself Down. I Have Tried To Talk To My Parents But They Juse Don't Understand Ann I Tried Also With To Of My Bestfriends But They Don't UnderStand They...

I haven't been really happy with him [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for two years, we just had a baby, but for the past two years of being together, I haven't been really happy with him. He's in the military and he's always busy with so many things, but he never makes time for me. Our communication is bad, every time we talk, we...

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search