Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgfarmer Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 06:23 AM
    Is this normal heat pump operation?
    Our tstat is set at 72 and the other night it got down into the mid 30's. When the heat first comes on the air coming out of the register is very cool (around 75) and then after running for about 5 minutes the temp at the register finally reaches the mid 90's. Is this normal heat pump operation? Does it usually take several minutes to reach the max temp at the registers?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2006, 06:35 AM
    Furnaces have a delay to prevent that. For reasons I don't know, heat pumps don't.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 07:34 PM
    Regarding your heat pump. That's exactly the way mine works, the fan comes on when the thermostat calls for heat, and it takes a while for the heat to actually arrive. Gas furnaces usually build up heat first before the fan comes on, while heat pumps just blow whatever air happens to be in the ducts. As long as you have heat, the pump is working.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 10:15 PM
    If you have a gas furnace and want to solve this problem by turning on the gas furnace earlier you can change a setting in the heat pump. Most so called dual fuel heat pumps will not run after the outside temp gets below 40 degrees F.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whalen Heat Pump - no heat! [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live in a condo and have a Whalen Heat Pump. I changed the thermostat to a Noma digital programmable model (model # 52-255808) in the summer time. The A/C works well and the fan works well, but I did not test for heat as it was summer when I installed it. Well, now that the weather is...

Maytag neptune dryer does not heat in normal mode [ 2 Answers ]

Maytag Neptune dryer does not heat in normal mode but does in the system check mode for dry temp. would this indicate the thermostat is bad?

Is this normal heat pump operation? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a lennox heatpump/blower unit and noticed yesterday that instead of cycling on and off it ran pretty much all day. The high yesterday was 96 and I had the tstat set at 76. When I got home last night at around 5:30 it was on and I don't think it shut off until about 10:30. Is this normal...

Heat Pump? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had someone install a brand new 98% eff. Furnace with a 13 seer a/c. They offered to put a dual fuel heat pump in for $2000.00. My gas bills are still a little higher than I would like and I wanted to know if a dual fuel heat pump is really worth the extra money and if it would save me...

Heat Pump [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Lennox heat pump. My builder was required to put one in per our neighborhood association. However, he set the thermostat so that it would never kick on because he thought I would like the hotter air provided by the gas furnace. I was thinking with the price of gas on the rise the heat...

View more questions Search