Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lhelms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 03:18 PM
    Girgling in toilet and shower when toilet is flushed
    I had a new septic tank and leach field installed in Jan of 08. In Jan 09 we begin to notice the shower drains girgling when we flushed the toilets and also noticed septic water coming up through the ground on the lower and last run of the leach field. I discovered that my underground gutter drain was busted right over the top of the leach field. I repaird about three months ago and have had no more water coming up out of the ground but the girgling is still there. Everything seems to be draining fine. Sometimes, when the clothes washing machine goes into its drain cycle, the toilets bubble. Any thoughts?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 03:19 PM

Very well couldbe a clogged vent stack. Can you rod from your roof safely? If so rood roof top to basement plus 20"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower leaks when sprinklers on or toilet flushed [ 7 Answers ]

I have a tract house that is 7 years old. It was built using a product called Aquapex for the water pipes, this is clear plastic tubing that is supposed to be superior to copper. My main water pipe comes in from the front, goes up the wall to the ceiling through the attic (with branches as...

Water backing up in shower when toilet is flushed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40 year old house on a septic system. Yesterday I noticed water backing up into the shower when the toilet is flushed. The toilet is taking an unusual amount of time to complete flush. I have also notice that the gound is very wet around my septic tank and there is a strong smell of...

Shower gurgles when toilet is flushed. AAV? [ 2 Answers ]

Host: Only recently, My shower gurgles when the toilet is flushed. I read your response to a similar question with the response, "Somehow you're not venting the system. Check the AAV to be sure it's working.". I do not however, know what an AAV is (or where it is located), could you expand...

Shower leaks when toilet is flushed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Recently, when I flushed my toilet, the shower will leaks for a duration of time when the toilet tank is filling up. The leaks stop after the tank is filled. It is more severe at night than during day time. Do you know what might be causing it? Thank you. Wyne L.

View more questions Search