Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smittybell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Two wedding on the same day; in one, but really want to go to the other
    I am in a wedding in four weeks and the bride has called it off once, but it is back on again. I do not support the wedding and think the marriage is doomed, but wanted to be there for my friend and agreed to be in the wedding party many months ago. What makes it worse is that there is another wedding the same night which would mean a lot to me to attend. This particular couple is very close to me and I feel horrible missing it. How do I excuse myself from the first wedding, which I am in, to spent a little time at the 2nd wedding?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 08:49 AM
    I, unfortunately, do not believe that it would be appropriate for you to do so.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 08:53 AM

I have to agree with justwantfair here,you have made the commitment to attend the first wedding,you should honour that commitment,in saying that,that is only my opinion and does not answer your question.

Explain to the first wedding party that you have another wedding that evening and would they mind if you left early in the evening to attend the second wedding. Give a good gift to make it up.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 05:34 AM
    I agree with the others. You have made a commitment to the first friend. In the future you should think twice before agreeing to be part of a wedding that you don't support.

Are they both at the same time? Are they close by? If so, try to stop by the second wedding for a few minutes. However, make sure it does not interfere with anything that you are expected to do at the first wedding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

My fiancŽ called off the wedding just the day before the Wedding [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I dated my Ex-( not used to say that yet) Fiancé for about 3 years. He always had issue with making decisions( any) and commitment( something in his childhood) but he knew clearly that I wanted marriage. When I brought up the topic, he freaked out and we had a lot of arguments over it as I...

Catholic Wedding After Vegas Wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to be married in the catholic church after being married in Las Vegas?

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Bi-cultural wedding/wedding tips in general [ 2 Answers ]

The couple: taiwanese, vietnamese, born and raised in America (both still very cultured, first generation) Or any other type of bi-cultural wedding. Family that can't fly here? Friends? Alcohol? Bride's family pays? Groom's family attending? Hotel?

View more questions Search