Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radio309 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 01:03 PM
    Computer Beep
    I have a four year old Gateway Solo . It is running Windows XP.When I turn my computer on I hear a loud beeping sound for 15 seconds. A delay of 5 seconds.then 60 seconds of a loud beep. This happens all the time now. I do not get a code on the computer. A few times the computer did not boot. Thanks for any help in advance Fred
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Oct 16, 2006, 05:57 PM
    Hi Radio,
    I can't think of too may things, given the lack of any error message and the repetitive nature of the beeping... Probably a long shot, but one thing that could cause that, are there any partially stuck (depressed) keys on your keyboard?
    Hope you find the answer soon. Take care.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Oct 17, 2006, 07:38 AM
    Can you be more specific as to the beeping noise? This is a code that can determine the problem. They are usually a combination of short and long beeps, or they could be all short. Can you tell us if they are long or short and how many occur? Also, if might help if you could tell us the model of your Solo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer [ 3 Answers ]

How to format my compuer

Blue screened & began one continuous beep [ 4 Answers ]

Desktop went to Blue screen & began one continuous UNSTOPPABLE beep. Removed the hard drive and tested it in an external drive case with my laptop, it's fine. Reinstalled it and got the BLUE-DEATH and BEEEEEEEEPPP again :mad: Any opinions about what went wrong?

Computer Down [ 3 Answers ]

If everyone misses me a little the next week or two, I will only be able to check online when I am at my office each evening. My main laptop that I normally use for all my business and personal work just crashed. The online help people tell me that the hard drive crashed. So I will be...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search