Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah_20pgn Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Is it too late 4me to be saved?will god 4give me?
    I am 25yrs old.I have been a terrible person throughout my life.alot of times thinking of no one but myself.I do not go to church,but I do believe in god.my question is... is it too late for me to be saved?is it to late for god to forgive me for my awful sins?I want to do better,and make the lord a major part of my life.I just don't know how.what if I was saved and was kille
    3weeks,or 3months from now! where would I go?I do not want to be afraid of dying.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 08:46 AM

It's never too late to have a good relationship with God. He's waiting for you. Talk to Him.
    LiveAndLove0923 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2009, 08:48 AM

Go to church. It is never to late. Pray for forgiveness. God will forgive you. Everything will be all right.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

Jul 10, 2009, 09:44 AM

sarah_20pgn,
    1. You're ahead of many that seek God in that you admit you've made a ton of mistakes like we all have.
    2. God wants a relationship with you(and all of us)
    3. Because no amountof being good or doing good works makes up for what we've done in the past or will do in the future, God became a perfect, sinless man and bore all our sins on Himself and paid the penalty we should have paid.
    4. Tell God that you want to be Holy(set apart) for Him and you know you can't do it on your own. Ask God to fill you with his Spirit, and give you a new fresh start, a rebirth.
    5. Read His word(the Bible) and trust him with all things concerning your life as he Guides you.
    6. Talk to Him(prayer) about anything and everything
    7. Find other people that believe the Bible and gather together to worship our Creator, Redeemer, Saviour.
    sarah_20pgn Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 10:59 AM

Thank you so very much.I was much needing to hear that it was not too late for me,and how I can start a new.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 11:26 AM

Remember, the only sinless person ever was Jesus Christ. And they crucified him!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 10, 2009, 12:47 PM

You've already chosen the right path. Follow it with prayer, your Bible, and church-going.

The path will not be easy, as all Christians know, but it is the best path you will ever take. You'll have no regrets and you'll be amazed at how much love you'll feel each day.

God bless!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2009, 05:55 PM

You have the desire to serve God so you go and do that. God knows your heart.
    Read your Bible, get a good Bible study to learn from, find a good Church.
    Personally I like the Assemblies of God.
    Some Baptist churches have good Bible studies too.

You can also look up Bible study topics on the internet.

Remember Paul killed Christians and God turned his life around.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 05:57 PM

Remember, peter denied jesus 3 times... and jesus stll forgave him his sins. Its NEVER too late to turn back to your lord. He is always with you, no matter wher eyou are and he is always ready to welcome you back with open arms.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 11:38 PM
    Sarah_20pg,
    I think that you know now that the only time it is to late to be saved is if you die without accepting Jesus as your Lord and savior an having faith in Him.
    Of course if you have a good strong faith you will love God and Jesus as The Christ. And do the things that He wants you to do.
    The way to find out about that is to read and study the New Testament.
    Good luck and may God bless you much.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah_20pgn View Post
    i am 25yrs old.i have been a terrible person throughtout my life.alot of times thinking of no one but myself.i do not go to church,but i do beleive in god.my question is...is it too late for me to be saved?is it to late for god to forgive me for my awful sins?i want to do better,and make the lord a major part of my life.i just dont know how.what if i was saved and was kille
    3weeks,or 3months from now!?where would i go?i do not want to be afraid of dying.
    What do you need to be saved from and why do you have such low self-esteem?
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 09:38 PM
    cadillac59
    I think that...
    Sarah is asking about saving here soul from hell.
    Like all sinners should, she feels guilty cincerning her past sins, whatever they may be.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    cadillac59
    I think that......
    Sarah is asking about saving here soul from hell.
    Like all sinners should, she feels guilty cincerning her past sins, whatever they may be.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Well, I'm not here to argue about any of that because I respect the purpose of this board. But, I'm sure you can tell my position on these matters by my signature line (i.e, amongst other things I do not accept the concept of sin).

Perhaps all I am suggesting is that she needs to work on building her self-esteem in serious tangible ways without resort to the metaphysical.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 10:21 PM
    cadillac59,
    Thanks for your explanation.
    Now, I understand but I am mystified as to why you are on this board at all.
    If I believed as you do I would stay far way from religion.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    cadillac59,
    Thanks for your explanation.
    Now, I understand but I am mystified as to why you are on this board at all.
    If I believed as you do I would stay far way from religion.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I spend most of my time on the family law board. I noticed many of the participants there also happen to be here, which I suspected might be true having read some of their signature lines with Bible quotes. So perhaps it might be curiosity that caused me to see who is on this board and what matters are being discussed (I know Fr. Chuck and Nohelp4You from the law board just to give an example).

Actually, believing as I do I do not feel the need to steer clear of religion: I'm not afraid of a discussion about it since I'm quite experienced with and know much about Christianity. I think the final end of my involvement with all religion came when I came out as a gay man.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 10:42 PM
    cadillac59,
    Thank you.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Aug 6, 2009, 06:05 PM

Sara, your decision to come to god's ways evidently is based on whatever made you turn from sin. This is the path to god, to repent. Since god lives in us, he knows our hearts' intentions. He wouldn't stifle your beginning path to repentance, by condemning you. Rather, he would water your heart to make it grow stronger for his ways. This 'spirit' is your motivation to grow spiritually.

cadillac59: there are many things our spirit feeds on that take away peace. I think that god knows all of these areas, and wants our complete peace. I believe he uses love and his power as influence to persuade us. We can't condemn each other, because we all have these 'evils'. Let me say that christians, if they're honest, can accept you as they are accepted by god. Our purpose is to love each other, and attempt to follow god's ways for our complete peace. It starts first believing that god is who he says he is in the bible.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 06:10 PM
    It's never too late to be saved by our forgiving LORD. Do not look back in regret, learn from your mistakes and move forward.

The windshield is bigger than the rearview mirror.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cogs View Post
    sara, your decision to come to god's ways evidently is based on whatever made you turn from sin. this is the path to god, to repent. since god lives in us, he knows our hearts' intentions. he wouldn't stifle your beginning path to repentance, by condemning you. rather, he would water your heart to make it grow stronger for his ways. this 'spirit' is your motivation to grow spiritually.

cadillac59: there are many things our spirit feeds on that take away peace. i think that god knows all of these areas, and wants our complete peace. i believe he uses love and his power as influence to persuade us. we can't condemn each other, because we all have these 'evils'. let me say that christians, if they're honest, can accept you as they are accepted by god. our purpose is to love each other, and attempt to follow god's ways for our complete peace. it starts first believing that god is who he says he is in the bible.
    Thank you for your comments.

It became abundantly clear to me some time ago that Christians will not or cannot accept me as I am, as a gay man, because their religious tenants distort reality. In other words, the believers see the world through the filter of religious doctrine and dogma, a filter that insists what the world presents as real is in fact not real. I decided long ago to accept reality, not live in a fantasy world.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 07:19 PM

To me it is a fine line like I am replying to a guy about how to come out of the closet to find out if this other guy is gay. In the meantime I don't condone it and I know what God has to say about it but I know people are going to do what they are going to do. I can't really change that. I don't really accept it but I don't have any negative or ill feelings toward them either. I think that is on God to take care of however he sees fit.
    I don't think it is any more right to go against gays, be homophobic or whatever you want to call it any more than it is to have an attitude toward people who go to strip clubs and things like that. Sins do not come in degrees. Man labels sin as mortal or vinal or whatever.
    We are all sinners. We either ask God's forgiveness or we don't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Once saved always saved [ 39 Answers ]

How many Christians believe in the addage, once saved always saved? I have been a Christian since age 8 and never was sure until adulthood. I heard it said at the pulpit, that once you name is written in the Book of Life it cannot be erased. A good example of this is the relationship we have...

Can it be saved [ 4 Answers ]

After 19 years not only did he have a affair he fathered child. I love him and he wants nothing more that me to let him back into my heart. My mind keeps me wondering if we are fooling ourselves thinking it can work... Help me, has it been done, I mean done for real... I do forgive him and love him...

What Must I Do To Be Saved? [ 16 Answers ]

(1) What is the first step to Salvation? (2) What are your beliefs (based upon The Bible) regarding Salvation? (3) Do you believe in the eternal security of the believer (keeping in mind that Salvation is based upon the finished work at Calvary; not upon what man can or can't do, due to human...

View more questions Search