Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammyann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Is my house haunted
    I have been experiencing some very strange things going on at home I have always had a noisy house what with pipes banging etc but last week we all smelt a very strong aftershave go all around the room and linger at the bottom then a razor was found behind the toilet twice now and shadows please help don't know what to do I have 3 children 18 15 and 2.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Oct 21, 2006, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyann
    i have been experiencing some very strange things going on at home i have always had a noisy house what with pipes banging ect but last week we all smelt a very strong aftershave go all around the room and linger at the bottom then a razor was found behind the toilet twice now and shadows please help dont know what to do i have 3 children 18 15 and 2.

Not haunted in the popularly believed way but it might definitely be targeted by spirit forces described in the Bible as rebel angels or demons who try to mimic those who have passed on in an effort to propagate the first lie. Sometimes practices and objects seem to provide portals for the kind of activity you describe.

First, if anyone is practicing spiritism, such as playing with tarot cards, consulting mediums, casting spells either with white or black magic or using a Ouija board, stop. Next get rid of all such objects which can include books on black or white magic and any other item associated with such practices. Next put yourself in contact with our creator via prayer and respectfully request his assistance. Use Jesus name as well as his Father's name. Jehovah or Yahweh are acceptable.

BTW
    You should ask this question at the religious section of this forum.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Oct 21, 2006, 08:43 PM
    For a little balance to this question, my house is essentially haunted as well and nothing living has ever come to harm by it. Its even hard for me to see it as a haunting but the evidence is pretty hard to refute: music is periodically heard with no means of finding the source, cabinet doors/drawers are opened, and some objects have been moved. I even see the animals react to whatever it is more and more these days. While its sort of unsettling, or was at first, I don't think its necessary to fear it without proof its worthy of my fear.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Oct 23, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    For a little balance to this question, my house is essentially haunted as well and nothing living has ever come to harm by it. Its even hard for me to see it as a haunting but the evidence is pretty hard to refute: music is periodically heard with no means of finding the source, cabinet doors/drawers are opened, and some objects have been moved. I even see the animals react to whatever it is more and more these days. While its sort of unsettling, or was at first, I don't think its necessary to fear it without proof its worthy of my fear.

Perhaps in your case it doesn't want to be feared but merely accepted as natural.
    Just a thought.
    Kyo_of_Dir_en_grey Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Nov 1, 2006, 06:09 PM
    It is attached to your house in that case. The person that is there merely want to stay there, pay no attention to it, the spirit will notice and keep to itself after a while. If the movement and banging becomes more obvious and frequent, it may be a poltergeists made by someone in the house.
    Marleninmiami Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyann
    i have been experiencing some very strange things going on at home i have always had a noisy house what with pipes banging ect but last week we all smelt a very strong aftershave go all around the room and linger at the bottom then a razor was found behind the toilet twice now and shadows please help dont know what to do i have 3 children 18 15 and 2.
    Hello-I live in a rented home in Broward,Florida and I have been seeing a black shadow walk across my hall. At first I didn't think anything of it.Then the second time I was like "well maybe its something or maybe its nothing".Then recently my fiancé told me that he kept hearing noises in the house when he was alone(only when he's alone) and I said maybe it's a spirit. At that moment my father walks in on our conversation (he lives with us)and said that he too hears noises and that he even sees a black shadow walk across the hall. I made him show me exactly where in the house( we live in a 5 bedroom-pretty big house) and it happens to be the same place that I see it.Also-his girlfriend saw a white,slender man at my fathers bedroom doorway. Well-doing research we asked the landlord and it came to find out that the first owners of the home passed while residing in this house.He was a white,slender athletic man. So I believe that the black shadow is a "spirit". I don't feel it is harmful-we've been here for 6 months already. My fiancé doesn't feel too comfortable knowing this,but for now we are still here. This has never happen to anyone of us before it is a little freaky-but as long as we don't get bothered its okay.-Marlen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not sure if my house is haunted [ 5 Answers ]

There have been a lot of strange occurrences in the house I am living in. My husband and I live there with another couple and their 2yr old son. The first thing that happened is one day the other girl in the house was cooking lunch and she heard glass raddling and looked into the living room and...

Is my house haunted ? [ 45 Answers ]

Is my house haunted? Things keep moving around ill put them in one place then ill find them in another. My little boy who is autistic sees things but he can't tell me what he's seeing but stares and giggles. I hear my name called but when I ask who's shouting me no one in house has. I get strange...

Is My House Haunted [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: When I was in third grade I had a friend over and we were playing with the flashlight in the total darkness. I pointed the flashlight to a corner of the room and a watery looking object was there it did look like it was moving. So we hurry and shut off the light and then the fan just...

Is the house haunted [ 9 Answers ]

I've been going round a friend of mines house now for about a year. Everything was fine until about three months ago when strange things started to happen it started with small things like things being moved or going missing and then finding them in different places where I know for a fact I did...

How can I tell if my house is haunted? [ 43 Answers ]

:o Weird things have happened off and on the past 4 years we've lived in our house. It was terrible at first. Terrible dreams about the house, about bodies buried in the walls. It felt like there was a male spirit present at times, not a good one but maybe wanting to scare us? My daughter, for...

View more questions Search