Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SlyPhoenix Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2009, 03:49 PM
    How to recover from a 2yr relationship?
    Me and my boyfriend were approaching the 2yr mark. We had just graduated I was looking forward to my free summer with him and all of a sudden he whips out the I don't want to date in college card. I asked him why and he said " If you would have asked me this a month ago I would have without a doubt said yes but lately i've been thinking and i wont have a car and i'm already jealous as it is( jealous part was paraphrased) and i think that with every new guy you put in your phone or add on facebook i'll slowly begin to hate you and I do not want that. THese past few years have been the best years of my life and i want to remember them like that." I asked him if he'd be willing to try to make it work and he said he'll think about it. He had to leave the next morning to go to FL and he comes back next week. The last thing he said to me before he left me to my shambles was "I still love you"

What kind of closure is that? I want to meet with him when he comes back but he is one of those people who when they make up their mind it's set even if it's something they really don't want to do. He told me it wasn't either he said he didn't want to but felt it necessary that doesn't make sense to me.

What should I do I've been going crazy the past few weeks but only on the inside. I am a great pretender =/ He's everywhere in my life it's so hard
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 9, 2009, 07:49 PM

Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Excuses.

Oh, let me say it again.
    EXCUSES.

That's crap. Actually, you're lucky that it's ended, because if he's this "jealous" over FACEBOOK and whatever NOW, my God, you don't want to spend the rest of your life with someone that controlling, anyway. That kind of jealous generally ends up turning into abusive relationships down the road.

Way to keep your emotion to yourself, in the sense that you're not making yourself look foolish by begging, screaming, etc etc. At this point, it would be best to stop talking to him. I know it's hard, because he's everywhere, but try to eliminate him in as many areas in your life as possible. If he does talk to you, frankly say, "I do not want to talk to you" or if you don't want to be that mean, cut the conversation short or just say "I have somewhere to be." It'll get better, I promise. Just take it one step at a time...

Oh, and delete/block him from FB, too. The blocking tool on FB works WONDERS. Try it out!
    Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 08:06 PM

His life is changing, and so is yours. Let him go, and make the adjustments for yourself. That means building a life that makes you happy without him. Quite a challenge, I know, but one you need right now. Would this be a long distance relationship, when he starts school??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recover [ 3 Answers ]

How do I re-boot my computer to start over fresh every site I go to wants me to buy something.I just want to do it the easy way myself.

How do I really recover? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been in love once, and only once. The relationship was amazing. He paid attention, he was committed, and we didn't fight often but when we did we were always able to recover. Anyway, this relationship ended without warning almost 2 years ago. I was miserable. I struggled to stay above...

I feel so lost. How can I recover from a hellacious relationship? [ 4 Answers ]

After 12 years in a horrible, abusive relationship, I am getting a divorce. I am really young, so I know that I have my whole life in front of me. I can't help feeling, however, that my world has come crashing down. Horrible as he was, my husband is all that I have ever known. This way of life is...

How to recover [ 3 Answers ]

How to recover my cancelled Yahoo id or Yahoo email... the email add is [email protected]

About recover [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get my deleted data ( I delete the folder which is on other PC )

View more questions Search