Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nfl233 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 04:10 PM
    My girlfriend wants a break, but i want her back. What do I do?
    It started a long time ago, we started talking, and after about 2 months she just flat-out told me she wasn't interested. It really hurt me, and so I cutoff all contact. I didn't ever call or text. I was doing that because I was scared, not because I wanted her to miss me. After about a month of no contact she just randomly came up to me and told me she wished I would talk to her again, so I started texting her once or twice a week. After about a month of this one night she just randomly brought it up that she liked me and wanted to know if I would "go out" with her. I said yes. For the short 2 weeks we went out we never had an argument or anything. And she was always telling me about how sweet I was, and how we were perfect for each other. And then, one horrible day(today, to be exact), she tells me that she likes me a lot and that she doesn't want to "break up". She said that she's been making a lot of hasty decisions lately and hasn't been thinking. She wants a break, she said. I love her with all my heart, and I can't bear to lose her. What should I do??
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 04:17 PM

She sounds like she can't make up her mind.

If you allow her to continue this yo yo game,that is what your future with her holds.

Decide if that is something you are willing to live with.

It sounds immature and flighty.

If I were you I would cut off all contact and stop the drama.

Maybe she just likes to be chased,either way ,it is game playing and that is usually no fun for one person.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 04:22 PM
    I think you should try the no contacting her again, it worked last time. I just hope you don't get played like a fool. Good luck to you and keep your chin up. Most of us find, and lose, love several times before we find the one we marry.
    paxe Posts: 793, Reputation: 158

Jul 7, 2009, 09:51 PM

Lose her. She is only trying to play with you. You don't see it but your brain knows it some way or another. Tell her if you are not together then you won't have any contact again.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 07:20 AM

When a female says any of the below to me:

1. I want a break
    2. I want to break up
    3. Not interested

I am gone! Disappear, quickly and they will be working their a$$ off to find me if they want to talk. Save your pride and do not chase a female who has made it clear she doesn't want you.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 08:39 AM

If she really liked you, then she would try to work things out WITH YOU and NOT AWAY from you. Asking for space means that she doesn't want to hear your side of the story and doesn't want to work with you to sort out the problems.

Stop letting her mess with your mind and move on with your life. Find someone who won't play mind games with you, whether intentionally or unintentionally.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 09:19 AM
    Disappear from her life and be unavailable for her BS!

Sorry guy, she just ain't the one to fall for so fast. You tried, it didn't work. It takes a lot more than a couple of weeks to just invest your heart to someone. Next time just have fun and get to know them well, before you go off the emotional deep end.

We started talking, and after about 2 months she just flat-out told me she wasn't interested. It really hurt me, and so I cutoff all contact. I didn't ever call or text. I was doing that because I was scared, not because I wanted her to miss me.
    Just curious, what were you afraid of?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend of 3 years put me on a break, so depressed can I win her back now [ 8 Answers ]

Well 3 months ago my girlfriend of 3 years said she needed to take a break our rlationship was fine no arguments but she said she needed to grow she was 22. She said she loved me but didn't know if it was the love you should feel for someone to be with them forever. I kept going around to see...

My girlfriend wants a break [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 23 , we been together for 5yrs we were dateing for 8 months before we got are own place together we been living with each other 4yrs strong, I was mostly the bread winner in are relationship while she figure out what she wants to do in life I took care of bills etc,etc.....

My girlfriend wants a break, what can I do to get her back [ 13 Answers ]

Hi my name is Andrew, Im 27 years old and have been dating my girlfrien for 3 years and 4 months. Our relationship has been great and we have never had an argument. I am a very laid back guy and am pretty easy. I don't let many things bother me and always keep things fun an entertaining. I work...

Girlfriend trying to get back after small break - confused what she wants [ 9 Answers ]

Hi Friends, I was (or may be I am) in love with a girl from last 3 years. Initially she was near to my town for about 1 year so we were used to meet once or twice every week & she was crazy for me. I was not too serious about her (bcoz she was very simple gal) but she kept liking me. 1.5...

Girlfriend wants a break but I want her back. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been going out with my girlfriend for almost 3 years now. I'm 18 and she's 17, last week she told me that her feelings are messed up and she doesn't know what to do? After that she told me she thinks it was best if we had a break for a while. Last year, she said the same thing but ...

View more questions Search