Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgfarmer Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 10:27 AM
    Noise from heat pump
    My wife and I have a lennox heat pump and started noticing last year that along with the normal noise you hear while it is runnig you can hear a slight pulsating noise from the unit. I had the service tech come out and he said it was normal that lennox's tend to make a little noise. Last night it was cold enough that the unit actually had to go into defrost mode. When this happened you could hear the pulsating noise a little more clearly since the fan is not running during defrost. The nosie seems to be coming from the area where the capaciter is, but hard to tell. Any ideas on why might be causing this so I can mention it to the tech when they come out to the winter service? Other than the noise the unit works fine

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace (heat pump) making *really* loud noise. [ 2 Answers ]

Seeing as I don't know next to anything about heating/ac, I decided I'd post here to see if anyone had any idea. The setup is some old heat pump/furnace/water heater/etc, which all of a sudden at around 3:00am this morning decided to make a VERY loud noise. I had to shut it off (the furnace is a...

Whalen Heat Pump - no heat! [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live in a condo and have a Whalen Heat Pump. I changed the thermostat to a Noma digital programmable model (model # 52-255808) in the summer time. The A/C works well and the fan works well, but I did not test for heat as it was summer when I installed it. Well, now that the weather is...

Heat Pump? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had someone install a brand new 98% eff. Furnace with a 13 seer a/c. They offered to put a dual fuel heat pump in for $2000.00. My gas bills are still a little higher than I would like and I wanted to know if a dual fuel heat pump is really worth the extra money and if it would save me...

Heat Pump [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Lennox heat pump. My builder was required to put one in per our neighborhood association. However, he set the thermostat so that it would never kick on because he thought I would like the hotter air provided by the gas furnace. I was thinking with the price of gas on the rise the heat...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.