Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bethjo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 08:56 AM
    A property that had a lien on it
    Hello I have a question. I was wondering how they can sell a property that had a lien on it. I live in the state of Ohio and they just did this us recently. Our home was foreclosed on and it had a lien on it and now we are getting sued by the place that placed the lien on it in the first place. How can they do this when the title wouldn't have been cleared? Could someone get in trouble for this and if so who? Well thanks for listening hope to get an answer from you soon.:)
    Elizabeth Joseph
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Oct 15, 2006, 09:48 AM
    Whoever bought the property did not pay enough to pay off the lien. If they did not pay enough, whoever holds the lien can come after you for any remainder amount due and costs.

You need to have your paperwork reviewed by an attorney ASAP.:cool:
    lmccoy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 11:26 AM
    My Association put a lien on my property. Is it true that they don't have to notify you of the lien? Am I suppose to just guess at what their next course of action will be?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lien on my checking acccount [ 2 Answers ]

I have been homeless for the past 2years due to mental health ( I suffer from depression) I now live in a Transitional Housing Program, Trying to save money to get housed. Just started working about and opened a checking account... This law Firm, which I have never heard of (Cohen & Slamowitz )...

Lien is haunting me! [ 3 Answers ]

An old lien came up 2 years ago when I bought a house right before I divorced my husband. My husband and I agreed that we would split our debt and when I made settlement my lawyer told me to say that it was not my debt. I did a quit claim and my husband sold the house. My lawyer told me that my...

Real Estate Lien [ 3 Answers ]

I have been sued by my X husband for 1/2 of the property in the home I lived in In Indiana. The divorce decree back in 1988 stated, when the wife in the future sells the property the husband will get 1/2 of the proceeds of the sale. I understate that. But I do not understand that the property was...

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

Lien [ 8 Answers ]

I checked my account online tonight and all my money is gone. I called my bank's 1800 number and they said there is a lien on the account for 2000 dollars. I only had about 700 approx total. My account shows overdrawn -1768!! How can they do that? I never received ANY notice of this. I did...

View more questions Search