Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nycgirl67 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 06:46 PM
    Is this Harassment?
    My ex, who just got out of county jail in Florida, has been sending me nasty text messages. I stayed at the house we both share after it was robbed. The texts he sends basically consist of attempting to file criminal charges on me. 1st it was because I changed locks on the home we both own, and no there was no separation agreement. I filed for divorce May 2009. When he was released from jail 4 months early, I had no where to stay. Our son stayed at the house with his dad. My 2 dogs stayed there as well, which he agreed upon on the recorded jail line, as well as the call was ona 3 way call with his brother. Now, he's saying he wants to file animal abandonment charges against me. I left a 40lb bag of dog food for them. I've only been gone less then 2 weeks. Today, he sent me 9 text messages regarding animal abandonment. I moved to another county, which is an hour and a half away. Prior to hia release, he sent my son a letter, which I copied, stating things were going to get ugly between us and people will be hurt. Is this legal? Is this harassment, and can I do anything to stop this short from changing my number? I did save the texts. Thanks.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 06:57 PM

Is this harassment? Yes.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 06:59 PM

YES make sure you save the messages and let him take you to court.
    He can't get you for abandoning the dog as long as you left it with someone that would take care of it.
    Abandonment is when something or someone or pet is left unattended with no one to care for it.
    You should be able to get him for harassment and get a restraining order on him!
    Dazednconfused4 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 12:10 AM

Yes it sure is...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2009, 02:55 PM

Is he on probation by chance?
    nycgirl67 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 03:03 PM
    He was released on electronic monitoring, AKA house arrest. He is allowed to work, which I don not believe he is working, except on making my life miserable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassment [ 6 Answers ]

I found out that my spouse is having an affair with a coworker. I sent him him an email in which I outlined my knowledge and what my expectations were. Although the language was not pretty, it was also not physically threatening but did have itemized divorce requirements. He forwarded these to his...

Harassment [ 8 Answers ]

Is it better to ignore a former friend who is harassing you for money via phone and text message or to answer the call/text message. By ignoring will that make the person madder and make them look for you or will they just stop ?

Harassment [ 2 Answers ]

I had a similar sitiation but my neighbors were a woman her 2 teenage daughters (they were'nt her actual daughters) a 19 yr old daughter,20 yr old son and 4 other random people living with them. Her other son and his wife lived on the other side of us as well.we lived in walking distance to...

LDS harassment. [ 35 Answers ]

Okay I am at my wits end. I was baptised as a mormon at age 9 or 10 because that is what my mother( the hypocrite) wanted. I was forced to go to church as a child even though at that age I had no real concept of the religion. As I grew up and got married and discovered what the religion was all...

Iranian harassment [ 5 Answers ]

Is the "reported" harassment by the Iranian navy going to lead to military action from the U.S.

View more questions Search