Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 04:49 AM

Exactly
    An indepth study shows we were all from Adam and Eve through the earth, through blood, heritage, etc...
    Boiling it down to one word or one phrase ends up diverting from the real depth of the meaning.
    Actually that is how the devil tricked Eve.
    Its called partial truth that is meant to deceive us.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 08:55 PM
    Adam,
    Thanks much for that.
    Fred
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2009, 04:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    exactly
    an indepth study shows we were all from Adam and Eve through the earth, through blood, heritage, etc.....
    Do you say we are all Israelites?

Deu 32:7-8 Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee. When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2009, 10:27 PM
    sndbay,
    Yes, through Jesus Christ, my Lord, we Christians are all Israelites.
    So I believe.
    Fred
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Jul 20, 2009, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    sndbay,
    Yes, through Jesus Christ, my Lord, we Christians are all Israelites.
    So I believe.
    Fred
    Absolutely! Romans 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
    John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 05:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    Do you say we are all Israelites?

Deu 32:7-8 Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee. When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.
    WERE Israelites.
    The Bible says we (gentiles) were cut off and need grafted back in.
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 12:40 PM
    (Genesis 5:1-29) speaks of the generations of Adam directed to Noah. And of course Noah had three sons, Shem, Japheth and Ham (Genesis 5:32) This record family lineage from Adam spoke "only of his son Seth.." This goes to Noah generation (Genesis 6:9-10) continues in family lineage with Shem Japheth and Ham. We know at this time that God looked upon the earth and found it corrupted. God said all flesh was corrupted and was corrupting Noah's way of a perfect generation (Genesis 6:9 Genesis 6:12)

Then came the flood... Up to this point we knew Cain had been sent away and we know (God told satan refer: (Genesis 3:15) from the beginning that HE would put enmity between (satan's seed/spirit of evil) and (Eve's seed/spirit of God) So we know we have the division of good and evil that does exist.

However we do know that (Cain /seed or spirit of satan) was the known as the first murderer from the beginning, and his generation is spoken of in (John 8:44)
    AND Satan's seed/evil spirit is also spoken in the JEWS actions refer: (Matthew 23:35-36) when Zacharias, who is John the Baptist father, and son of Barachias, was slain by the JEWS between the altar and temple.

To remain on track, continue in the generation after the flood of Naoh (Genesis 10:1-32) which offers the divided nations on earth, known by generation in their nations. In the middle of this family lineage and noted in (Genesis 10:5) you will find the "Gentile generation" that began with Ham (Genesis 10:20) that would have us find importance in language spoken, their countries, and nations. This is a very important description if you would understand the heritage of countries, nations and language that God will further have written in the Word to destinguish each one from another.

Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    WERE Israelites.
    The Bible says we (gentiles) were cut off and need grafted back in.

I draw the importance on Gentiles because I trust you could better understand the refer of the Bible saying Gentiles were cut off and need grafted back in.
    ( It is only in the kingdom of grace that such a process, contracy to nation, can this be sucessful) Ham's son was cursed by Noah (Genesis 9:25) because Ham saw the nakedness of his father. (Genesis 9:22) One can only understand the truth of what is written in this by reference of KJV in translation or meaning in uncovered his father's nakedness. (Lev 20:11 And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.. KJV)

Ham actually had a son by his mother, who was his fourth son, Canaan that Noah cursed and made a servant to Shem (Genesis9:25-26 ) which was mentioned in an odd manner, showing Noah's sons that went forth from the ark, and then mentioned oddly among those sons is Ham's fourth son with distincive difference in being Ham's son . (Genesis 9:18)

(Genesis 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.) These are the generations of Shem (Genesis 11:10)

Through Noah's son Shem, came the generations of Terah, and Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran begat Lot. Then long after the beginning generation of Jocob, who is the son of Isaac, grandson of Abraham (Genesis25:26) God changed Jocob's name to Israel (Genesis 32:28) The 12 Tribes of Israel are of Jacob (Genesis 49:28)

All of this information as studied can show direction and distinguish the House of David as it continues. However I still find many questions in other human life that comes in contact with the Israelites. Where did they come from, the Egyptians, the Romans?

Such as Paul's hertiage as a JEW. He spoke of being born in Tarsus , a city in Cilicia, maritime province in the southeast of Asia Minor, boarding on Pamphylia in the west, Lycaonia and Cappadocia in the north and Syria in the east.

Tarsus was a major city in Cilicia and the birthplace and early home of Paul.( Acts 9:11; 21:39; 22:3) Even in the flourishing period of Greek history it was an important city. In the Roman civil wars, it sided with Caesar and on the occasion of a visit from him its name changed to Juliopolis. Augustus made it a free city. Its was renowned as a place of education under the early Roman emperors. Strabo compares it in this respect to Athens and Alexandria. Tarsus also was a place of much commerce. It was situated in a wild and fertile plain on the banks of the Cydnus

Act 22:3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, [and] taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

Gamalie was a Pharisee and celebrated doctor of the law, who gave prudent worldly advice in the Sanhedrin respecting the treatment of the followers of Jesus of Nazareth. Acts 5:34 (A.D.29.) We learn from Acts 22:3 that he was the preceptor of Paul. He is generally identified with the very celebrated Jewish doctor Gamaliel, grandson of Hillel, and who is referred to as authority in the Jewish Mishna.

Act 6:9 Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen.

The Libertines denotes Jews (according to Philo) who had been made captives of the Romans under Pompey but were afterwards set free; and who although they had fixed their abode in Rome, had built at their own expense a synagogue at Jerusalem which they frequented when in that city, The name Libertines adhered to them to distinguish them from free born Jews who had subsequently taken up their residence at Rome. Evidence seems to have been discovered of the existence of a "synagogue of the Libertines" at Pompeii.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 03:09 PM
    sndbay marvelious of you to lay out a time line for us but you have proven nothing but demonstrated that you fail to understand the length of time over which these events took place and the ability of the human race to multiply itself in a few generations. Your lack of understanding causes you to make false connections and assumptions and to ask silly questions such as where did the Romans come from. We know Roman history, We know much of Egyptian history. Civilisations established themselves in a few auspicious fertile places
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 10:12 PM
    Sndbay,
    Thanks much for that.
    Well done.
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 05:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    sndbay marvelious of you to lay out a time line for us but you have proven nothing but demonstrated that you fail to understand the the length of time over which these events took place and the ability of the human race to multiply itself in a a few generations.
    Excuse me, but what I have laid out is what is written in scripture. If I have failed to lay out what is written then please tell me the correct demonstration. The time frame for these generations of nations are years and years, and it too is written if you cared to read additional facts in how long each lived. My main focus was to offer the Israelite nation, and the Gentile nation connection to Adam and Eve's beginning.

Your lack of understanding causes you to make false connections and assumptions and to ask silly questions such as where did the Romans come from.
    Rather then point out your opinion of me, and what I have offered, why not offer what makes your opinon different by what is written in scripture. Tell me how the Romans came from Adam and the Egyptians for that matter?

We know Roman history, We know much of Egyptian history. Civilisations established themselves in a few auspicious fertile places
    Connect the lineage to what is written in scripture?
    rnrg Posts: 48, Reputation: 20

Jul 21, 2009, 07:53 AM
    I agree with Homesell. I have learned to accept the Bible at face value. That's part of trusting God completely. If He said it, then I believe it. He did say, "nothing was impossible for God."

Would we have trusted God as much if He had "filled in all the places." Why do we have to have all the answers. That is what makes our LIVING GOD different from all the other gods that are made from man. Evolutionists are busy trying to piece everything together to make their belief work for them. Every other belief has a beginning and end because it was written by man for man.

God who is the author of the Bible, clearly told Moses what He wanted us to know and thus it was written. It is up to us as Christians to accept it by faith. It also shows God that we believe Him even though we can't explain it.

At one time, I also had lots of questions about what was not "filled in" in the Bible. God had a way of telling me to "just let it go and Trust Me on this," which is what I did.

You guys have raised a lot of answers that a lot of Christians think about, but in the end, it remains the same. The Bible does not change and we will have to accept it as God wrote it, or try to fill in the "gaps" ourselves which can cause confusion. Besides there is nothing wrong with not being able to explain everything in the Bible.

Remember God's ways and thoughts are higher than ours. His ways are always right. He expects us to have "blind Faith." We can't explain how he made man from dust, but we have to accept that too. RNRG
    rnrg Posts: 48, Reputation: 20

Jul 21, 2009, 09:53 AM

Sndbay,

I agree absolutely. I meant that to be understood in what I wrote. I believe the Bible should be a part of our daily life. That is one of the ways that God speaks to us. If we neglect to study it and seek guidance from God, then we leave ourselves vulnerable to every old and "new" thing that the world has to offer.

I only posted to point out that "I" have to be settled on what I believe so that when I share with others I don't cause them confusion. There is enough of that already. But yes, I do agree with you about Scripture. It is "food" for our Spiritual bodies.

God's Words are precious and should be handled so. There are so many people against God that I try to share His word with as much clarity as possible (This requires my dependence on the Holy Spirit to give me the words that they need to hear.) The "gaps" in the Bible have only caused more "reason" for the non-believers to not accept God. So, I try to practice I Peter 3:5 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. Rita
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 03:52 PM
    Sndbay Here again we have a false premise. You want me to connect the Romans and the Egyptians to Adam and Eve for you, but they have the same connection as all of us, through Noah.
    0EntitY Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jul 21, 2009, 04:12 PM

There was obviously a creation before the Flood and one after, which I refer to as a re-creation. There could have been more than this last re-creation also.
    Something here I found on the web. I look for many different sources and viewpoints and try to piece together some sort of picture. I seek the truth...

"Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. 24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. 26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger. 27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. 28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

If this previous creation did not include the strange collection of fauna and flora, which included dinosaurs clearly evidenced in the geological record, our biosphere is at least the third creation. This would account for the existence of and validate the histories of many cultures going back many thousands of years before the accepted creation "timeline", and anomalous archeological finds known as "out of place artifacts".

"Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. It is not clear whether this refers to the past or present creation, but does provide clarification in either case."
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 04:16 PM

Genesis 1:2 says the earth was without form and void.
    What you are referring to is called the gap theory and I do believe it because of the otherwise unexplainable things you mentioned, the pyramids and some things mentioned in the Bible.

BUT I do not believe man lived in the pre existing earths. Man could not have came from that existence to this creation.

Jul 21, 2009, 04:55 PM

We each believe what we want too. Like I said, I seek truth, no matter if I like what I find...
    Ancient Aircraft - Crystalinks
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 05:23 PM

We can each believe what we like but we can't all be believing the truth because truth can not fit into what we each wish to believe otherwise it would be part truths

Jul 21, 2009, 06:36 PM

Yep. I bet Ezekiel had a time with the truth he witnessed first hand...
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 06:43 PM

Yeah that's true.
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 09:33 PM
    sndbay,
    I hope he can do that.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Adam? Why Eve? [ 5 Answers ]

I've always wondered about this very fundamental question. Who SAID, their names were Adam and Eve? If these were the first and only humans in the world, and they bore sons Cain, Abel, and other children, who did their children sleep with to create the grandchildren of Adam and Eve? Does this...

Adam and Eve [ 65 Answers ]

I truly believe that Adam and Eve didn't physically pick an apple off a tree and eat it, it's symbolic. And, what really happened was the serpent beguiled them into sex and so then they figured out they were naked. Am I the only one? I have a hard time finding people who were taught this way,too.

Adam & Eve [ 22 Answers ]

From the scripture, we were told that Adam and Eve were the 1st people created by God. Eve was Adam's wife. And if I may be correct, it was further said that all men/women on earth came from Adam and Eve. The question remains: How did people multiple? Does it mean that Adam's 1st son married his...

Adam and Eve or Others? [ 36 Answers ]

This idea came out from somebody I know and it got me to think about it as well. Everybody knows the story about how Adam and Eve is the start of human race and we came from them. That would mean we are all brothers and sisters and we are all related. Now here is the question. Is it possible...

Adam & Eve [ 59 Answers ]

Who believes in Adam & eve? Who believes that they were the start of man kind?

View more questions Search