Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Surfer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2006, 06:24 AM
    Need help replacing a 5-8 wire ceiling fan switch.
    I am trying to replace a 3 speed, 5-8 wire fan switch with a Harbor Breeze switch. The old switch has numbers 1-Blue wire, 2-Red wire, 3-Orange wire, 4-? and C-Black wire. I don't know which wire was in 4 as it fell out. The old switch is single layered with connection holes and the black wire goes in the top. The new switch is a round tripled layered disk with two connection holes next to each other, on the top and middle sections, but only one side is numbered 1,2,3,L. I have black, brown, and white wires left. Can someone tell me where these go and also do the blue, red, orange wires go in the connection holes on the top side or the middle layer of the switch. The other side of the switch is white and solid, no connection holes. There is no 4,5,6,7,C listed so is very confusing. The part number is 33906 from Lowe's. I would appreciate any assistance.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2006, 01:35 PM
    Well, if the wire fell out of four, there should only be one wire left to go in four, you should be able to figure it out.

The new switch should be exactly like the old switch and it should be wired the same way. What make/model fan is this?

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...and-repair.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan will not work after replacing 3 speed pull chain switch [ 129 Answers ]

I just recently replaced a 4-wire (3-speed) Ceiling fan switch on my ceiling fan. The chain had broken off inside the switch. After installing the new switch, the fan wouldn't turn At all. I have tried the swithes at all speeds And even went out and purchased another switch thinking the first...

Harbor Breeze Fan switch 5-8 wire [ 15 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a Harbor Breeze Fan switch 5-8 wire. My problem is there are red, purple,pink, yellow, brown, white, black wires where do I connect them into the switch? HELP

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan 4 wire switch [ 1 Answers ]

The pull cord for our fan broke.. when I took the switch apart to replace it.. the four wires (black, grey, brown, and purple) popped out before I could make note of were they were supposed to go... the model number of the fan is... FI52BNK5LK... please help. Thanks a ton

Trouble with ceiling fan on a dual fan/light dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and dual fan/light dimmer, also from Harbor Breeze. Unfortunately, now I'm scratching my head... Do I have a bad dimmer switch? Here's the problem: 1. The light will turn on only when the fan speed on the wall switch is set to high. 2. When...

3 wire celing fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have just bought a 3 wire celing fan switch and I can't figure out how to wire it. It is a 3 speed fan and it has what appears to be a transformer with blue and black wires going from the old switch to the transformer. One black wire is coming out of the transformer to the plug. The new switch...

View more questions Search