Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve cooper Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 11:54 AM
    Lease or buy a new car
    I am retired. I drive a 2000 Jaguar. In a couple of years I want to get a new jaguar.Would I be more prudent to lease a new Jaguar or buy one? I drive about 12,000miles a year. Thank you very much.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 13, 2006, 01:16 PM
    Depends on your needs and finances. Leasing is a good deal for people who frequently turn over cars. Generally a purchase is better for people who hold their cars for 6 or more years.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Oct 13, 2006, 01:38 PM
    Here's a good article to help you decide: http://www.leaseguide.com/lease03.htm
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2006, 02:51 PM
    I will add it is always better to buy a one year old car than a new one, with most you still have remainder of warranty and you don't lose such a large amount when you drive over the curb of the car lot.

Buying a one year old car, and keeping for two will save you a lot more money over the long run. ( personal opinon)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buy Another Car or Use Existing Car 'til It Runs No More [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me resolve a debate with my husband. I am a first time car owner. I bought a new Jeep in 8/04 for $23,600. I put $5K down on the purchase + my loan is for 60 months. I would like to trade in the liberty before it gets too old + has too many miles on it. Does it make better sense to...

Apartment Lease Buy-Out in NYC [ 2 Answers ]

The building that I now live in has just recently been sold. (New York City location) The management of the new owners has approached me for a meeting to discuss a possible buy-out of my existing lease. I still have 1 year left on my lease, paying rent that is well below the market rate. ...

Can I break my lease to buy a house? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to research online and I'm not getting anywhere. I live in Iowa, and my lease automatically renewed May 1 for another year because I didn't give 62 days notice. I unexpectedly was able to buy a house, which was not something I thought I would be able to do. Now my landlord is...

View more questions Search