Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    echoer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 11:34 AM
    Harbor Breeze fan, Hampton Bay remote doesn't work
    I have a Hampton Bay remote and a Harbor Breeze fan the fan and light worked fine for about a month, now nothing. I have run some tests and this is what I have found:

House wireing 119Vac
    Old receiver
    Receiver white - black 119Vac constant - remote does not change this voltage
    Receiver white - blue 119Vac constant - remote does not change this voltage
    Dip on off off off

New receiver is the same

Ceiling fan / light wired directly to house works fine

The fan now does not work with either of the receivers now, what could have happened?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Sounds like the receiver is defective, if it worked properly for some time, and the fan works without it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan w/remote, help! [ 4 Answers ]

I just puchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ 2 lights(1 up) and remote control. I have 4 wires(black,white.red and bare) out of ceiling box. Remote has black and white on one side and black,white,blue,and orange on other which match those coming from fan. Do I need red from box to operate other...

Hampon Bay Ceiling fan with Harbour Breeze Remote [ 12 Answers ]

For reasons of convenience I swapped the wireless remotes between a Hampton Bay and a Harbour Breeze ceiling fan. The Hampton was an in-the-wall remote with a REV button, and the Harbour was a hand held remote w/o a REV button. Both control units, which get installed in the fan base, appear...

Harbor breeze fan with hunter remote [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the fan from another room where it was working fine to put it in another bedroom. When I hook up the wiring according to the receiver I get nothing from the fan. When I bypasseb the remote receiver I got only the fan spinning and the lights wouldn't turn on. I didn't note the wiring when I...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan w/Remote SWITCH WILL NOT WORK [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed all new ceiling fans in the house. They are all Hampton Bay's with remotes. The one in the kitchen and dinning room work by both the remote and the switch. However, when I installed the ones in the bedrooms, the wall switches will not work. There is a "red" wire up in the...

Hampton Bay Remote and Harbor Breeze Remotes [ 1 Answers ]

I have two ceiling fans in two adjacent rooms. One is a Hampton Bay and the other a Harbor Breeze. Both remotes work the Harbor Breeze fan but all of a sudden neither remote will operate the Hampton Bay. It worked fine one day ago. The batteries are both new. The dip switches in both remotes are...

View more questions Search