Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amazingx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 06:06 AM
    I don't want to lose him
    I'm 20 and madly in love with my boyfriend who is 22 and he can't seem to get his life in order. He's not even half way done with college and all he does is skate all day. He lives with his grandma because his dad couldn't handle him anymore. His family and I have combined forces and got him to get a job, but it's minimum wage and not really promising. He's really bright and has many aspirations, he's just not motivated. I'm afraid to push him to hard because he likes to think he's independent. How can I help him reach his full potential with out pushing him away?:confused:
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 06:09 AM

He needs to understand this himself. I am afraid there is nothing you can do. You can kick a dog all you want, but eventually the dog needs to get off his a$$ and do things for himself. You know the way he is, so it is up to you to decide if this is something you want long term. At 22, that is usually past the time where you start to realize a swift kick in the a$$ is needed... he seems content to be Grandma's Boy!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 11:00 AM

How can I help him reach his full potential with out pushing him away?:confused:
    You can't that's up to him. If he can't do things for himself, he sure won't do much for you.
    snow124 Posts: 116, Reputation: 28

Jun 26, 2009, 01:02 PM
    Kind of an important question, in my opinion - how is he doing in college? Working a minimum wage job and devoting most time to recreation in college seems pretty normal and acceptable so long as he's doing all right in his classes.
    danni_sweetie Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2009, 01:41 PM

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I really like him and I don't want to lose him but I don't want to look needy neither? [ 56 Answers ]

OK me and this we've been dating for two months then we decided on making it an open relationship with no commitment and after our last date three days later I asked him out and he said he was busy and the next day I asked him out and again he turned me down so three days later I text him:i really...

I don't want to lose him [ 4 Answers ]

hi I'm 15 and I go out with my boyfriend for a month now. We used to be best friends before and he always liked me so I gave him a chance. At first I didn't like him so I broke up with him after a week. But when I broke up with him I realized I loved him so I talked to him and asked if he wanted to...

I'm in love and don't want to lose it [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone I kind of have this question and I don't know how to go about this situtation, I have a boyfriend and we've datiing for a while and our relationship has been off and on a couple of times once because my boyfriend said he fount this girl that he thought he had really like and loved...

I don't want to lose him [ 16 Answers ]

My boyfriend just moved out after I made some demands of him that I thought were reasonable,I asked that he 'd make an attempt 2 comply or that he should go-well he left & although we are still in contact I have sank so low as 2 beg him 2 come back home he refuses & says that I hurt him by kicking...

She breaks up with me and I don't want to lose her. [ 56 Answers ]

This is my story... Its been a week since we broke up.weve been out dating, having fun and sex for 4 years. Right now am good as dead, meaning no life. September 13 I picked her up at her school. She's 20 am 21. Were not studying at the same college. I feel something wasn't right. I asked her if...

View more questions Search