Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noideaguess Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Addiction to alcohol
    Is my partner an alcoholic when he is drinking 6,7,or 8 big bottles of beer every second night the amount depending on whether he has a vomit in between. After the first 4 he becomes argumentative and I end up sleeping in the spare room. Next morning he says what did I do wrong. I think he needs help, have thought of leaving him but have nowhere to go and don't want to loose our house and everything we have worked hard for over the 14 years we have been together. My first husband was an alcoholic and I didn't think I would end up in the same situation and he says he is not my first husband but he is acting like it. What can I do to try to make him get some kind of help. The doctor told him to cut down to 2 middies as his blood pressure is high and he will either have a stroke or heart attack, didn't deter him.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 01:21 PM

He has a problem. He needs help. You don't need a label to see that he has a problem.
    MeghanM Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 11:04 PM
    If a person is drinking and it interferes with his day to day life they may have a problem. The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous says that no other person can name another an alcoholic. Don't try and tell him the wrong things that he is doing, he probably can see them right now. Get yourself to an alanon meeting and seek help for yourself. You are the only person that you can change.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 01:39 AM
    I think that's a lot of beer, and clearly it's affecting his functioning and his life, and could potentially affect his health. Is there a reason he's drinking so much?

Perhaps you could speak with his doctor and ask him for advice or a referral and also ask him to speak with your husband.

Going to Al-Anon is also a good idea as you may be co-dependent and you'll get support from the group for dealing with him.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 03:09 AM
    Yes, he sounds like an alcoholic. Now, HE needs to be the one who sees there's a problem. As an alcoholic/addict ( in full recovery), I can tell you it's not going to be easy. He's going to promise, lie, deny, get mad, all of it. He needs detox, and rehab first, then AA. AA has been a savior to many. Gemini54 recommended al-anon. My wife goes to their meetings. It's free, anonymous, and worldwide. Please go now.Look them up in the link below. There's a meeting near you sometime this week. It may save your sanity. Good luck and may GOD bless you on this difficult journey.

Welcome to Al-Anon and Alateen
    Sue Bear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2009, 01:18 PM

How can I pass an ETG alcohol test?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Bear View Post
    How can I pass an ETG alcohol test?
    You need to start a new thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol Addiction [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a cure for an alcoholic

Alcohol addiction and depression [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter in law had an alcoholic Mother and now has become an alcoholic herself. She has always been a gentle, caring, considerate person although at times a little odd but we loved her for it. Now the drink problem is quite out of hand and she is being totally, verbally abusive to my son and...

Alcohol Addiction [ 7 Answers ]

If I Drank 4 Little Bottles That Are 50ml Each Between 1200pm And 1230pm Will It Show Up In A Urine Test At 730pm

ETG Alcohol Test (80 Hour Alcohol Test) [ 1 Answers ]

I drink Non-Alcoholic Beer, but it still contains less than 0.5% alcohol per bottle. I usually have one or two every couple of days. Will this show up in the test? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Addiction to gambling and alcohol [ 8 Answers ]

My uncle who I love very much and have a great relationship with has a very bad addiction. He is addicted to gambling and alcohol. He does both everyday of the week. He makes a hefty amount of money every pay check and then blows it. I don't know what to do anymore. He is so miserable and that...

View more questions Search