Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheyanne box Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 03:31 AM
    Problem bowels
    Hello, I have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome about 2 months ago, I have coped well and not had any major problems but for the last 2 days before today I have had bad cramps and pain followded by diarehea then I'm fine afterwards but this morning at 6 am I passed softish relly dark brown close to black stool I am vegetariann and have just had my period I do not take vitamin tablets so my stools are usually light in colour, I found this very odd. I rang nhs direct, which told me to ring my gp when the surgery open so I did,he saw my specimin and told me it was just a one off, I then passed blood a very small amount when I wiped the doctor told me it was just due to straining, he sent me away and I feel okay in myself I have an appoinment for 2 weeks time do you think the doctor has missed something? Or have you had this before by somebody else? Thank you cheyanne x
    JAY1212 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 05:36 AM
    Chey, I'm A Registered Nurse, I Would Not Get Upset, I Would Kep An Eye On The Color Of Your Stools. If They Are Black It Could Be Old Blood And If It Continues I Would Call Either Another Physician, Or You Regular Doctor, And Have Them Check The Stool And See You There Is Any Blood In It,an If It Stay Dark Blood Could Be Coming From The Upper Part, Now When He Wiped And If It Was Red And Not Heavy That I Would Not Be Concerned About. So Just Keep An Eye On It, And They Just Take A Stool Test And Can See It There Is Blood In It. Anytime The Stool Is Dark And If They Did Find Blood In It It Could Be Coming From The Upper Gi, Upper Stomach, The Other If Not Heavey And Red That Is Freah Blood And That's Most Likely From The Irritation. Jay
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 13, 2006, 01:10 PM
    I agree with all that is said here. I want to ask if you know if your doc did a test to determine the amount of blood.

Please keep an eye on your stool and report any changes to your physician.

Did your doc put you on any meds for the IBS? If so, this could be a cause also.

(Jay, please turn the caps off)
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 13, 2006, 01:26 PM
    I am using a prescription... polyethylene Glycol 3350, NF Powder for Solution... Mira lax... works... similar to what doctors used for cleaning out the colon for colonoscopies... you will need to place more rolls of people paper by the bowl... it works... it does not cause cramps or any pain.. if it does contact your doctors... the doctor should take you off the solution... any bleeding from behind requires more than a statement that you are straining too much... request an colonoscopy... now... I am not a doctor or a nurse. But if you need more support of what is needed contact the experts J_9 and Myth...
    Expert

Oct 13, 2006, 01:36 PM
    Luna, how is Myth an expert? While she is my friend, I don't understand how she is an expert on IBS.

Cheyanne, before taking any meds on your own, be sure to consult with your physician, as he/she knows you best. Never take anything you are told to tak by a non-professional, nor any meds that were prescribed to someone else.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 13, 2006, 02:03 PM
    Myth has this herbal understanding and you have the medical technical field of understanding... together you can come up with other methods of handling this problem... right... I know I am right... however... if I got Myth wrong then I need to find out which one was the herbalist...
    Expert

Oct 13, 2006, 02:13 PM
    No, need to "yell" Luna,

Myth does know quite a bit, however there are others here who are just as, or more knowlegable in the use of herbs. Thomas1970 for one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

View more questions Search