Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    owrcpres Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 11:42 AM
    Thank you for publicity
    Need some word to thank a staff writer of a newspaper for covering our political guest speaker at a fundraiser.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 11:44 AM

Thank you? Thank you very much? It meant a lot to me/us/him/her
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 07:11 PM

Here's a stab at it...

Thank you for covering the presentation of our keynote speaker, Jim Johnson, at the recent fundraiser for ABC Charity. Your accurate and thoughtful story portrayed our mission perfectly, and captivated the spirit of the function very well. We look forward to your coverage of our future events and speakers.
    owrcpres Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Here's a stab at it...

Thank you for covering the presentation of our keynote speaker, Jim Johnson, at the recent fundraiser for ABC Charity. Your accurate and thoughtful story portrayed our mission perfectly, and captivated the spirit of the function very well. We look forward to your coverage of our future events and speakers.

PERFECT - thanks!
    EliseLynn Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 11:07 AM

Wow! I work in a newsroom and it is SO RARE when someone thanks a writer! Really, it's not necessary though. In kindness a simple card will do.

Some verbage...

"In behalf of --------, we would like to thank you for your thoughtful insight on our event. I (we) have always enjoyed your style of writing and your coverage of the event was no exception to quality. The message was precise, interesting and on a personal note, helpful to our cause for the following reasons----. Thank you again and please contact me personally if you will be attending a future event. I will be sure you are well cared for."
    Make sure the statements are accurate before you send lol. They may be a new writer, or it may be a rag of a paper. Don't overly praise quality unless it is believable. :)

When thank yous are received it is good to know the person actually reads. And to think they have fans... well everyone likes that. The biggest challenge in the field is getting that inside angle. To know you will see to their care makes them happy to return. Through this you may form a good bond with this publication and find yourself in it more often.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

POST production FILM publicity expenses tax deduction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend who is a film producer. He completed production of a film in early 2007. In 2008 he spent money in looking for a distributor. He found a distributor in 2008 and released his film in theater in 2008. So for 2008 he has income from film distribution. At the same time he spent...

Media publicity [ 1 Answers ]

:cool: What do you think? Is media publicity concerning such cases a deterrent to murder?

View more questions Search